Anyone able to get CTR (PS1) to work

Nardella

CTR (Crash Team Racing) was one of the reasons I wanted a Pandora, I can't seem to get it to go past the second (black with white text) screen. On PSX ReARMedit freezes, on psx4pandora it stays on that screen and audio continues to play.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best place to check for information on this would be notaz's official thread for PCSX-ReARMed, from the other forum. There is a wealth of tips being exchanged on getting certain problematic games running, there - to make navigating it easier, there's a search box located in the lower-left corner of the thread which will allow you to search solely in that thread.

That's also the place to report bugs or problems, if they haven't already been reported there.

(As an aside, I think that this thread is more suited to the Support section, so I'm going to move it there, if you don't mind. :) )

CTR was one of the reasons I wanted a Pandora, I can't seem to get it to go past the second (black with white text) screen. On PSX ReARMedit freezes, on psx4pandora it stays on that screen and audio continues to play.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Hi

What is CTR ???

It is working for me.

An iso from the original didnt work for me, but there are different versions parched that works, unless one that i found. Just use google. I think it is cause the protection system that have this game.

According to redump.org the PAL version of this is game copy protected, so you need to dump the subchannel (.sub) or copy a .sbi file and name it appropriately to emulate the protection (see readme).

Or alternatively patch the game as reported above.

According to redump.org the PAL version of this is game copy protected, so you need to dump the subchannel (.sub) or copy a .sbi file and name it appropriately to emulate the protection (see readme).

Or alternatively patch the game as reported above.
Which readme are you talking about?

^ I'm guessing he's referring to the Readme for PCSX-ReARMed, but I could well be mistaken.

I couldn't get it to work at first, either. Same error as OP pointed out. But after putting a BIOS file into PSX Rearmed, it now runs just fine. So maybe that's it?

Back