What did you get?

Nardella

So, for many of us the season of giving is over and I hope you got some good presents, be they material, digital, good news or simply time spent with loved ones. I want to hear you brag about the goodies you got!

I got:

A copy of CTR (Crash Team Racing) for the PS1 (my copy broke long ago)

A used DSi (once owned by one of my sisters who now has a 3DS) and she will be sending me some of her old games.

An HD projector (optima ML500, 1280*800 native, with led lamp rated at 20k hours) yet to arrive

Money to watch WWE Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania in 2012

My first cell phone (I've held out for my entire life, now I am getting one from from one of my sisters who is going away for 6 months and wont need her phone for that time. It would cost her 15 dollars a month to suspend the contract so I am taking it over)

A few other misc gifts

What did you guys get?

A cheque or two (guess what I might spend those on in Two Months time!),

A book on mad inventors,

A collection of evil pointy things for my Minidrill (All shapes and sizes :) ),

And assorted choclatey food :rolleyes: .

Spent Christmas with one side of the family and new year with the other, nice to see (very nearly) everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
A precise soldering Iron (where's the tv-out cable?)

A new watch

Lot of money

Love from everyone in my family and that's the best gift I ever had

Clothing and Food from my Family.. Just the way I like it.. not big on expensive gifts.

Bought myself a 240gig SSD for my gaming Desktop for Christmas..

nothing beside of money, and a bit chokolade, and for the money i bought a "Boss DR Beat 30", an Digital Metronome, and preeordered some PSVita Games: Unchartet Golden Abbys, i ditnt played the ps3 Unchartet, because i ditnt owne a ps3 (my tv is too smal, and i more a handheldplayer), but i saw a Lets Play of Unchartet 1, so the game seems great, an adventure whit a lot aktion, some klimbingparts, etc,

Touch may Katamari, Little Deviants, an Travel Pack whit a PSVita Back, a Gamecardridgte Box and some other needfull things (needfull things is a Book from Stephen King)

and a 8gb Memorycart, i dont plane too get some Games via PSN, beside of some Games like Plants VS Zombies etc, but as the 8gb Card is only about 10 € more expensive than the 4gb Card, and i dont know how many space i nead, i think 8gb is the right size..

I got to spend a great deal of time with my kids and see their (often almost demonic) reactions, to a ton of stuff we'd got them over the year, as Christmas shopping for my wife begins on Dec 26th and wraps up with the last present getting wrapped, at about 5am on Dec 25th. SO the kids were swimming in things and only on the odd occasion was it necessary, to add more ball-pool balls to ensure they didnt escape and interfere with any cooking or anything. OH JOY REN!

I've been behind the gaming times for awhile though and thus I recieved a copy of Alice Madness Returns (completed and am looking forward more to re-playing the original Alice on a TV via the 360, unless one day it gets open sourced and some magician brings it to Pandora, in which case I'll prefer it there), Batman AC, (about 60% through and its nice to return to this gameworld, although so far I prefer the Asylum), I've also got Gears of War3 and Deus EX Human Revolution via Lovefilm to get into and am currently 70% through Dead Island, purely single player, to slog through first, which is a real endurance test as a sucker for punishment.

Aside from that, I've like you all, recieved a ton of pandora goodness in recent days, from awesome Snes, PCSX and Panplayer updates, to a nice new firmware, project updates and videos aplenty, including these 3 gems from earlier in the year that I had missed by VoxMachina (which deserve some further publicity as decent adverts for the Pandora projects abilities)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aG5wIqUaias?feature=oembed

All in all not a bad time to finish 2011 with and heres to 2012 :)

QGhVp.jpg

Three Silent Hill games I never bought when they came out for the PS2.

My first mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue key switches. I will never go back to a membrane keyboard again! Love typing on this thing.

Brand new pack of four hard to find glass Coca-Cola mugs from 1992. I only had two left and they are my favorite mugs.

1) I got a book called "Monster" by Micael Dahlén where he interviews famous serial murderers (amongst them Charles Manson and Issei Sagawa) from my Father and Stepmother. It's written in the form of a novel, describing their thoughts and actions in detail.... ... ... Not sure I actually dare to read it =P

2) I got a really nice bound book with blank pages and a really good pen from my lil' brother.

Meanwhile I gave a Nintendo DS to a friend together with an USB-memory of ROMs for it. A LEGO Star wars collection of legos to my roomie. A finger drum-set to my lil' brother. "Awkward family photos" to my father and an audio book to my stepmother. Still need to buy one more present for another friend... no idea what to get though.

Nothing! (And that's the way I like it)

I didn't get anything either, and while I'm quite fine without gifts (I mean, if I needed something I could buy it myself) I do think it'd be kind of nice if someone wanted to get me something. Probably more importantly, if someone wanted me to get them something.

I didn't get anything either, and while I'm quite fine without gifts (I mean, if I needed something I could buy it myself) I do think it'd be kind of nice if someone wanted to get me something. Probably more importantly, if someone wanted me to get them something.
it's cute how you think you didnt get us anything for xmas

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (Both the 3DS and Wii versions, as the handheld and home versions are completely different games)

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds: The Complete First Series on DVD (The well-known one based on The Three Musketeers, not the lesser-known second series that was loosely based on The Vicomte of Bragelonne: Ten Years Later)

Astro Boy - Greatest Astro Adventures on DVD (A fine start to collecting this long-running series :D )

And, an arcade game-styled mug (The most unusual mug I own, bar none)

Back