Anyone Else Ever See This Mockup Pandora?

Gorgeous! I like "sandwich" style design, haven't seen that before.

Its totally unworkable due to weight, patent, and cost restrictions, but this would be my ideal fully versatile handheld device.

I also like the design, but am satisfied with the pandora I'll be getting, too ;)
But I agree God Ginrai in point of the shoulder buttons.

However, great work!

I would prefer that design, but it is a lot less practical. To fix the shoulder buttons, you place the lower one on the corner and make it small and hard to press. Make the inner one longer with an easier press, that way the middle part of the index finger presses the lower (and resistance to push prevents accidental presses) while the tip presses the inner.

I prefer the clamshell design now. There are big advantages, and fewer disadvantages, when compared with something like this.

OK, so it isn't going to fit nicely with style, but who cares about form over function around here anyway? ;)

I gotta say that I like the clamshell design better. I have really big paws, and I don't think I would be able to handle the mock up comfortably.

It's nice looking, yes, but I think that placement of analog nubs would be a terrible idea, the point against them being that they're placed in the exact same spot as the psp nub.

From what I gather from this forum, sliding keyboards are patented but what about sliding screens? i.e buttons keyboard, board etc on the base and screen slides up to reveal a keyboard. Of course sliding screen will need lot more sliding connections than sliding keyboard.

I like the white (always did, also preferred the F200 from the F100) and the rounded corners.

Much prefer the real design, clamshell will work nice. Slide out keyboards can be great but they nearly always end up being awkward to hold and use.

from what I heard, slide and swivel designs are patented.

plus clamshell protects the screen as well as the keys

Back