Anyone else tried Pandian????

Just followed the wiki to create a debian SD card and man this thing is fast! 

I'm tres happy I now have debian on my pandy :)

Anyone else got Pandebian installed? Any limitations to it at all?

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Man!  I've promised myself to install Pandian on my Pandora but never got a chance to.  It's good to know it is fast.  I definitely give it a go this weekend (here I go again) :)

Does it run PND?

Yeah, the problem about PND would be the incompatibility with hard-float/soft-float.

Thats why i dont "just compile" it. I need also to take a closer look into the library and add maybe a new tag for this.

And for everything its always the same: Its a matter of time ;)

Man!  I've promised myself to install Pandian on my Pandora but never got a chance to.  It's good to know it is fast.  I definitely give it a go this weekend (here I go again) :)

Does it run PND?
Yeah do it man.

After you install it make sure to install synaptic package manage (apt-get install synaptic)

Then you've got the entire debian repo at your fingertips!!

Anyone else got Pandebian installed? Any limitations to it at all?
Yes, since a week after I bought my Pandora late last year. Haven't gone back since. It's brilliant having the full Debian ecosystem at hand like this! But, then again, I don't play games on this system: for me it's about running Emacs with org mode in a portable package.

After spending some time with Pandian this week I really, really enjoy it.

However testing a few games like Widelands and Flare they unfortunately default to 800 x 600 and are a bit glitchy whereas they run smooth on the Angstrom default OS.

I really like the idea of of the entire debian repo ar your fingertips but one thing that would be amazing is if it could run pnd files as a lot of the PND's have been configured to run on the 800x480 screen.

I truly wish this had been the default OS with additional pandian repos in the sources.list to pull down pandora specific stuff because having synaptic is a godsend! Also Debian SID is pulling in newer versions of software. I noticed Audacious is a newer version on pandian.

Things that are very nice

• An up to date repo from debian
  • The ability to install Thunderbird (well debians rebranded Icedove)
  • The ability to install enigmail via apt-get install enigmail
  • The lxde interface

Issue's I'm currently having

• Unable to logon automatically
  • Despite installing SUDO I'm not sure how to add myself to sudo (I'm sure I can figure that out and is not a pandora specific issue)
Things that I'd like to see happen

• Pnds working.
At the moment I need both Pandian and Angstrom for a good device as PGP with Claws Mail looks like a nightmare whereas it was a cinch to setup on thunderbird in Debian.

So at the moment it is my default OS but if I want to game i boot into Angstrom. Keep up the great work :)

Back