Anyone have a Wind-Ups icon for CaSTaway?

liquidcross

Website
Visit site
Since my numerous attempts to make icons recognizable by Wind-Ups have failed, I figured I'd just ask you folks for some.

Have you applied the proper colour palette to your icon? I extracted the pallete from one of the .gif images included in winds-up and saved it as a .PAL file. Now i simply apply the .PAL file to any images i want to use in Winds-up. Hope this helps! ;)

cya!

ProgFrog posted on May 27 2003 said:
Have you applied the proper colour palette to your icon? I extracted the pallete from one of the .gif images included in winds-up and saved it as a .PAL file. Now i simply apply the .PAL file to any images i want to use in Winds-up. Hope this helps! ;)

cya!
I use Photoshop. Saving the color table did absolutely nothing. Opening an existing background in MS Paint (on the PC at work) and pasting a new background over the old one to retain the palette also had no effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use PSP, but I opened Photoshop 6. I'm assuming this is will work for any version.

---

Open up a Windups bg, for example BG01.GIF in gpmm\wind-ups\IMGS.
Goto Image > Mode > Color Table.
Click Save...
Goto somewhere like your desktop, pick a name. Click OK. :)

Find your new image. If it's currently 8-bit (256 colours), do Image > Mode > RGB.
Now do Image > Mode > Indexed Color...

In the 'Forced' box, choose 'Custom'. The box will pop-up, choose Load... and pick your palette from earlier.
'Palette' should change to 'Local (Selective)'. Click OK.

Save the image as GIF, resizing if you need to (Image > Image size... click off 'Constrain Proportions' and choose 320, 240 as the size for BG, or 24x24 for an icon.

Hope that helps.

---

In Paint Shop Pro:

Colors > Load Palette... , Save Palette... and Image > Resize do the same thing.

-- Rico

Transparency - go back to Image ..Mode ..Color Table and you'll find an eyedropper button underneath Load/Save. Click it, then click the colour you wish to make transparent. The colour and anything of that colour on the image itself will turn to grey/white blocks. Now save :)

Rico posted on May 28 2003 said:
Transparency - go back to Image ..Mode ..Color Table and you'll find an eyedropper button underneath Load/Save. Click it, then click the colour you wish to make transparent. The colour and anything of that colour on the image itself will turn to grey/white blocks. Now save :)
Yeah, I figured that out about 5 minutes after I PM'd you. Sorry about. I'm just a bit rusty...my graphic design degree is rather useless. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back