Anyone Heard Of This

astro

http://-remove-minios8888.07x.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=50&osCsid=0d1f5acc2c5fa824057bac3830670cd8

- Link may have MALWARE and is probably dodgy. remove "-remove-" from the link if you actually want to see it -mod-

It looks pretty decent for a Chinese PSP ripoff, but their site doesn't say much about actual performance or which video codecs it supports, and it doesn't even support vorbis, so I'm kinda disappointed.

Also there's just something off about their website
I can't quite put my finger on it, nyoro~~n~~

Those are container formats, I was thinking of what specific codecs it supports like DivX, XVID, Theora, MP4, etc.
Video is too damn complicated anyway.

i'm not liking the overuse of large fonts. and the consistent use of "~~". and large blue and red fonts.

apparently they like to stress the fact that it has 4GB of memory too.

looks like some generic emulator player that comes out from china every month or so, but nothing about performance or whatnot.

EDIT: lulzfish, i think you nailed it~~

That site is a -very- quickly set up version of osCommerce, set up on sub-domain based free web-hosting. No-one should touch that site with a 50ft barge-pole.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Emulator-Game-3-5-MP4-5-Player-RMVB-Camera-PMP-DINGOO_W0QQitemZ220466727181QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles?hash=item3354d7490d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

mp5_console_nes_set.jpg

At least there is no screen blur on it

ALSO, LOL
finalfight_snes.jpg

astro said:

That eBay listing is set up by the same guy, and it looks just as shady. Huge fonts, no additional info, random colors... Are you a shill for this guy/product or something?

Edit: Oh look, he's also selling surgical face masks:
eBay Masks

High quality 3ply latex free meltblown
[size="+3"]Take care your health, why not buy it Now!!
[/size]

Back to his site, check out the Shipping & Returns, Privacy Notice, and Conditions of Use pages. They haven even been set up, still say "Put here your Shipping & Returns Information", "Put here your Privacy Notice Information", and "Put here your Conditions of Use Information".

Check the Manufacturers drop down search, he has no products for any of his listed manufacturers, he also has "Fox" and "Warner" listed as manufacturers.

All items are Free Shipping to worldwide!!!
Even though some items are "selling" for as low as $12.90.

Lastly, the "Top" link in his sitemap takes you to this:

I think this guy is legit, I say go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
astro said:
MALWARE WARNING!

Not sure of the details, but this page is trying to load another URL in the background that our corporate AV didn't like at all. If you're using IE, you probably just got screwed by a drive-by attack.

I just checked it out in IE on my honeypot/scratch VM machine. It might be this "www.adscale.de" stuff at the bottom, seems a bit sketchy. Firefox seems to have this stuff blocked.

BackAssward said:
Oh look, he's also selling surgical face masks:
eBay Masks

High quality 3ply latex free meltblown
[size="+3"]Take care your health, why not buy it Now!![/size]
Just seems like this person is trying to sell anything and everything.
ohmy.gif

lulzfish said:
Xian Long said:
arrrgh said:
What does tilde tilde mean anyway?
normally, people (usually girls) use it to express that they are being or acting cute. but in this case, i don't know...

Somebody should correct them. Tildes are not cute.
desu~

With nyoro~n, it's a critical part of the meme, but you can't just add them for the hell of it.

That's like when people say "yeahh". There's no need for it.

Back