Anyone Play Duke2x?

dochuge

Still Fresh
Well,

Ive got this one working beautifully. However, I have to reset the keys each time. I can load a game but it won't load the buttons and keystrokes I assigned. The default buttons and keystrokes aren't very good. So I can reload a game but it won't transfer over my other alterations. Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it!

I like Duke2X. I play my own Maps on GP2X. :lol:
But the Problem with the key-config should solved somehow. It should not be possible to ruin a key with to many functions. Because Duke2X don't delete the old button-function while ingame-configuration you can have unlimited functions on one button. A solution like in Quake should be done.

just edit the duke3d.cfg, should do.

Thank you so much! That was very helpful indeed.

While on the topic of duke2x, anyone got The Birth episode to work?

Oh, and you might want to leave the gp2x switched on for abour 60 seconds after saving/exiting duke, it does not always write the save right away, and waits for a sync(). Lost many a save game by just switchig off :/

While on the topic of duke2x, anyone got The Birth episode to work?

Oh, and you might want to leave the gp2x switched on for abour 60 seconds after saving/exiting duke, it does not always write the save right away, and waits for a sync(). Lost many a save game by just switchig off :/

That'll explain why my save position no longer loads!! Now going to have to start over. Will have to create a scipt with a sync in.

On another note I take advantage of more that one function per key, eg I have run and use on the same button, and crouch and strafe together.

It would be interesting to see other people key setups for this game as there are so many keys that are needed (and alot that aren't).

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if you have any problems, but I Think if I recall right, you had to download certain files for it to work but I can't remember. I use to play this alot (org. eps) when i had my gp2x. =( No more than a year of having it someone fu*kin stole it from me. Right under my nose too...O well

Back