Anyone Saving An Experience For The Pandora?

codemaster said:
(The moron's back is not broken, thankfully ) I just realized, too, that I have held way back on emulators as well.

EDIT: Why does the word (c)amel keep getting changed to moron? It says (c)amel until I post and it is changed to moron.

You can take a moron to water, but you can't make a moron drink...wow, you're right. Camel is filtered out, yet you can say see you enn tee.
cunt

EDIT- well since I posted I may as well throw this out there

GP32 and the first Nintendo DS were the last two handhelds i've owned, and those were both stolen. Truth is, i've been holding out for something like the pandora for quite awhile. I haven't even broke my cell phone virginity yet! Now it's finally here. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
moron

Edit: thought you guys were joking...

Guess I was wrong...what a moron

edit2

what if you say moron?

No still comes out as moron

I tried to pull a switch a roo but it didn't work.

Is it because of moron toe?

Personally, I'm saving all things Miggy, especially including Another World. I also haven't touched Space Quest 0 in a while.

Its a spam filter. camel is a tobacco brand or something...

And yeah, I've been holding off playing A Link To The Past for over a year now...

There is a legend from a time long ago, in a time before the dual analogue nub; when touch screens were yet a new thing; when people had a phone for phone calls, a music player for playing music, and a game player for playing games, and they liked it!
The legend goes that, in this time, there was great strife, for an evil entity had fallen across the land, darkening the skies and fouling the waters. The being that had come was slick though. It promised a cool, menthol enhanced, easy breathing experience. In the shape of a four legged animal with a long neck and a large hump upon its back, it rode in with its message of great taste and promises of good times. But these were lies! Though the powers that be fought the beast, they could not vanquish it. Even the gods lacked the power to fully banish the evil that had come to them. With their hopes waning and energy failing, the gods gathered and cast a mighty spell that forever changed the evil's message. With it's message so altered, it lost much of its power, and lo did the armies descend upon it. Finally, its body battered and words broken, the four legged animal limped away in search of easier prey, never to be heard from again.
But prophecy warns of a time when this beast may come again. Some have seen it, out there, stalking, waiting, suckling slowly at the peoples of neighbouring forums, biding its time until those that set the spell become lax and the wards are dropped. Then it will strike again.
For this reason, we must remain vigilant.

Kicker said:
You guys are weird. Enjoying something on your current hardware won't keep you from enjoying it on the Pandora.

Of course. Let me see here (rips hole in time and peers into future...) I take your advice after my wedding... And I pop open a special Bordeaux my wife and I were saving for our 20th anniversary to show off to my friends...
It's like that.
I got Final Fantasy 8 and Spyro, cannot wait to play those on my Pandora. I've been holding off awhile.

WizardStan said:
There is a legend ......For this reason, we must remain vigilant.
Cool story bro..

Seriously, you must be popular at campfires..

I really lust for a bunch of SD cards absolutely *CRAMMED* with emulators and associated ROMS, and by crammed I mean, really, a very extensive library for every system emulated. The reason for this is because the Pandora is, to me, a sort of machine for collecting the history of computing for years to come, and if I can one day look at it and not be able to count the machines it has emulated, then I will be really, really content.

As a computer nerd, it truly excites me to have access to all of these systems .. old platforms, dead systems, long gone software. Its a very deep and personal thing ..

i've been saving specific games for it, snatcher being on the top of the list, as well as a bunch of the scumm games (speaking of which, i hope we get touchscreen support at some point). i've also avoided psx & n64 emulation completely, plus there's a bunch of anime & whatnot i'd love to watch on it after seeing just how good the screen really is.

Poem58 said:
I'm saving the Star Fox 2 game for SNES. I loved Star Fox, so I'm itching to play Star Fox 2. But I want that to be a special experience, not just on my computer keyboard.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but Star Fox 2 doesn't work on Snes9x, only ZSNES. I even tried it on my Pandora in a small hope that It would work, but I just got a black screen.

On the topic of saving an experience for the Pandora. I have never played Final Fantasy VII. I decided that when it was playable on PSX4Pandora that that would be my first time playing it. Same with many other PSX games. (Like Tiny Tank) Also, I have held back from buying the Dreamcast version of Wind and Water Puzzle Battles so that I could buy their Pandora version when it comes out.

-God Ginrai

Same as God Ginrai, i'm savubg FFVII for the Pandora - never got into when i was younger and never got past disc 1. Also planning a full run through of Secret of Mana. Both will need to wait till the emulators catch up, so for now I'm 100%'ing Mario World, then maybe some racing action.

God Ginrai said:
I'm sorry to break it to you, but Star Fox 2 doesn't work on Snes9x, only ZSNES. I even tried it on my Pandora in a small hope that It would work, but I just got a black screen.
Star Fox 2 has worked in Snes9x for many years, and a bit more accurately than in ZSNES, at that - it's not as badly out-of-sync. :p

It does run, but doesn't work correctly, in the Pandora's SNES emulator right now, but SiENcE (did I get that right? I may have the capitalisation wrong :lol: ) has said that he plans to add support for it. You need to use the version without a header, if memory serves (but that applies to anything that supports the game, if I'm remembering rightly).

Prometheus said:
God Ginrai said:
Star Fox 2 has worked in Snes9x for many years, and a bit more accurately than in ZSNES, at that - it's not as badly out-of-sync. :p

It does run, but doesn't work correctly, in the Pandora's SNES emulator right now, but SiENcE (did I get that right? I may have the capitalisation wrong :lol: ) has said that he plans to add support for it. You need to use the version without a header, if memory serves (but that applies to anything that supports the game, if I'm remembering rightly).

Well, the version I have is said to run in ZSNES fine, but blackscreened on Snes9xd4p.

-God Ginrai

Ah, what happened to me is what used to happen way back when on other emulators - the game is visible, but the 3D is flickering (and, unusually, off-centre).

Sarlix said:
Ah shut it, I bet you've got a special 'pandora' folder on your PC like the rest of us :p

I was kidding that I judge very harshly, but seriously, no, I don't. In fact, thinking about and discussing the Pandora gets me playing a lot more games than usual. I started playing more Battle for Wesnoth, bought Master of Magic, checked out the game boy advance for the first time, re-started a few Playstation and Sega classics...

It sounds like some of you guys need to invest in a ten dollar game-pad.

Jourdy288 said:
Of course. Let me see here (rips hole in time and peers into future...) I take your advice after my wedding... And I pop open a special Bordeaux my wife and I were saving for our 20th anniversary to show off to my friends...

1. Wine, unlike software, can only be used once. If you had magic digital wine that you enoyed greatly, you could drink it on both occasions without loss, or on every anniversary.
  2. Yes, that would be my advice in that situation. WTH would you buy something you don't plan on using at all for 20 years? Put the money in a bank and buy a nice wine the month before the anniversary. Live life right now, not in plots and plans.

mofokubick said:
I haven't even broke my cell phone virginity yet!

That's either quite impressive or quite typical, depending on what you mean.

I still play my Dingoo daily, but only the dump-roms-and-play stuff like SNES and Megadrive. It's the keyboardy stuff that I'm saving (DOSBox, C64, Atari ST, Amiga etc). I grew tired of all the configuration and keymapping on the GP2X (even though the rewards were worth it), and I wasn't going to go through it all again on the Dingoo. So they're being saved for Pandora on account of my laziness.

I saved a lot of things, including revisiting several games that I hold dear, as well as games I bought with the intent of emulating on my Pandora, and I have to say that it was worth it. :p

If you want to know why, here's why: It's very different to plugging a joypad into a laptop. With that, it just feels as if you're emulating something. With the Pandora, it feels as though all of those games and applications were made for it.

Back