Anyone Saving An Experience For The Pandora?

I have a ton of anime that I needed a decent portable viewer for. I started with the GP32, then the GP2X and had like 3 different chinese MP3 players that all have had some failing that made them not the best for that purpose. Then I have another ton of PS1 games that I havent had time to play at home (I dont bother with custom firmware on my PSP for various reasons and since sony chooses to require people pay to download and play games they already own) so a decent Emulator for that and any other system with games I havent had time to play at home is awesome. I'd also been away from emulators for sometime myself either because my last laptop was destroyed by a virus and needing to get a new one and re-download like a dozen emulators killed the urgency or because I'd spent so much time playing PS3 games. Also I started writing a book and while I can type it here on my laptop, leaving the house means I'm not writing so for a while I held off working on it so that I could keep the flow going the entire time with a portable device... I've since gone back to write it but I get angry that I'm not writing every time I have to go out without my Pandora. Reading Ebooks also kind fell out of favor for me because I didnt have something that read PDFs or rich text documents on the go so this also makes things a lot easier.

Kicker said:
Sarlix said:
Ah shut it, I bet you've got a special 'pandora' folder on your PC like the rest of us :p

I was kidding that I judge very harshly, but seriously, no, I don't. In fact, thinking about and discussing the Pandora gets me playing a lot more games than usual. I started playing more Battle for Wesnoth, bought Master of Magic, checked out the game boy advance for the first time, re-started a few Playstation and Sega classics...

It sounds like some of you guys need to invest in a ten dollar game-pad.

Jourdy288 said:
Of course. Let me see here (rips hole in time and peers into future...) I take your advice after my wedding... And I pop open a special Bordeaux my wife and I were saving for our 20th anniversary to show off to my friends...

1. Wine, unlike software, can only be used once. If you had magic digital wine that you enoyed greatly, you could drink it on both occasions without loss, or on every anniversary.
  2. Yes, that would be my advice in that situation. WTH would you buy something you don't plan on using at all for 20 years? Put the money in a bank and buy a nice wine the month before the anniversary. Live life right now, not in plots and plans.

*SIGH* Personality difference. The wine means different things to us, evidently.
And I do have a Pandora folder on my external HDD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I saved a many games for Pandora, and now that its here I am living it. Oh how glorious it is to have save states and portability!

For SNES: Secret of Evermore, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, FFVI (FF3 here), Mother / Earthbound, Terranigma, Lufia

Genesis / Mastersystem: Outrun, Quartet, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, Donald Duck's Quackshot, Ghostbusters, Altered Beast, Ghouls N' Ghosts, Phantasy Star (Basically reliving all the games I had as a child)

NES: Friday the 13th, All the Marios, Kirby etc. etc.

Sadly for now, I will have to leave a many PSX adventures I have been holding off for until the emulator is much more compatible. This probably will be very soon. Zod has been killing me with the releases. 2 as of right since I got the Pandora 2 days ago! :)

Back