Anyone Seen The Movie 'cube'?

Consequence_9

have you realized that rock stars always seem to l
There totally needs to be a game based on Cube or, even better, Cube 2: Hypercube. I'm thinking a portal/source engine mod would be perfect.

and for those of you who haven't seen the movie - DON'T EVEN LOOK UP WHAT IT'S ABOUT, JUST WATCH THE FIRST ONE & ENJOY - it's sooooo much better when you come into it without any context whatsoever.

I liked them all, great movies!

But the first, and the last (Cube Zero) were the best. Hypercube was kind of silly, in the end.

Consequence_9 said:
DON'T EVEN LOOK UP WHAT IT'S ABOUT
Wonder what it's about?
Consequence_9 said:
I'm thinking a portal/source engine mod would be perfect.
Wonder why that would be

Spoiler: I already looked it up, didn't sound like my kind of movie but I agree with you, more games need to have things like that, but not the way Portal does necessarily, it should be an environmental / AI thing, not a weapon.

Edit: And not like in Zelda or Golden Sun where there's the one part of one dungeon where it happens, and it's done cheaply.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cube is on my list of things that I need to watch before I die.
It's a very long list. I intend to live forever.

I really liked the 1st one and the 2nd one was a letdown. I still haven't seen the 3rd one yet. I guess I should give it a try.

I think Cube -1997 is the best. I found the best entertainment fm this. :rolleyes:

the history is like that:

Five people (later six) wake up inside a giant cube with thousands of rooms inside which are cubes themselves. Some of these rooms are trapped, some are not. These people have no idea how they got there and none of them know each other but they all have a purpose and they must use these purposes to try and escape the giant maze before they die of dehydration.....or madness.

This low-budget independent Canadian film is brilliant and a very captivating watch. It's a fairly simple concept but at the same time it is very complex and deep. All the characters are there for a reason and the reasons are fleshed out and believable. The idea of how the cube works is also fleshed out and you can tell the filmmakers really spent a lot of time exploring it. It all seems believable which is important for a movie like this.

But the thing I really admire about the film is that the ending doesn't try to explain anything. It leaves everything up to you, you have to figure things out for yourself. The ending leaves a sense of dread and paranoia and is very effective. The traps are also very cool and some of the resulting gore is pretty nasty.

Back