Possible uses for the Yeti 3D engine

I think a great use would be a Mario Kart type game with similar weapons, but of course different sprites.

We'd really need slopes. If you don't use slopes, all you're really taking advantage of is a few walls and the rest of the level flat, which would suck. If you were doing that, a straight Mode7-style renderer would do the job much faster.

a multiplayer Bomberman 3D (Battle mode) would be cool :)
Now that's a good idea! With an isometric viewing angle the engine wouldn't have to draw very far, and the players could be either MD2 models or sprites. The graphics would be great for GP32, and the gameplay mechanic is tried and true.

A 3D Pac Man could be done as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
what i meant with far-sight and mario clone was based on the idea of a mario-like jump and run witch huge outside locations where you really need far-sight. but anyway, theres no real limitation with the engine, and a jump and run with inside-locations could easier be done.

the idea of a 3d-bomberman is great. and i think it would even add some fun not to use an isometrical view but a third person view, so you dont always see if theres a bomb around the corner. ehehe... with a client similar to gpcross it would be hell alot of fun.

What I would like is a Total Annihalition remake (I know, I spelled it wrong). It was a RTS game much like Command & Conquer and it was great, I also remember playing it on a Pentium 133 so it should work, obviously you would need slopes for this type of game (landscape) so we whould have to wait till the next version of this engine is released. An RTS would be nice because we don't have a lot (if any) RTS Games for our GP32

What I would like is a Total Annihalition remake (I know, I spelled it wrong). It was a RTS game much like Command & Conquer and it was great, I also remember playing it on a Pentium 133 so it should work, obviously you would need slopes for this type of game (landscape) so we whould have to wait till the next version of this engine is released. An RTS would be nice because we don't have a lot (if any) RTS Games for our GP32
Total annihilation is 2d anyways i think. i still play on it on my pc, cool game :D

Total annihilation is just the most fantastic strategyy... ever
I'm thinking of trying 2 code a strategy game engine but i keep getting stopped by setting up my gp32 dev environment :(

Total annihilation is 2d anyways i think. i still play on it on my pc, cool game :D
Afther taking a look at this screenshot http://reviews.macnn.com/reviews/totalanni...ion/screen1.jpg
I am sure the models are completely 3d but the background isn't, but according to the fan site www.tauniverse.com, this page to be exact: http://www.tauniverse.com/cavedog/ta/about.html they say and I quote

Game Features

Fully articulated 3D units and buildings, with a full complement of land, sea and air units. A unique tracking feature allows players to follow units across the landscape.
True 3D terrain that units can climb over, into and around, on extra-large 3D-generated maps. Runs in high resolutions, so players can see more of the battle field.

So I only know that the vehicles and buildings are 3d, not so sure about the landscape, could someone please tell me if it is 3d (don't have the game itself anymore to check myself), Thx

I loved zelda 64, but this is impossible :( because 1: no room over room. 2: no slopes... you could get by the room over room thing by doing a scene transition up a ladder or vine :D no idea how to get by slopes tho ;)

Back