Anyone up for an internet scavenger hunt?

demonstar3

Still Fresh
Hi all I got something for all those that are bored to do. Anyone up for trying to preserve obscure programs? I would like for you guys to try and track down and find a copy of a program that is a somewhat of a parody though completely playable. It was released in ~2006 under the name of Polybius and was created by a guy named Slave2(thats the version I want you guys to find). It was distributed for awhile on a site called ModernPrimitive.com(or something similar to that atleast) until the site was closed down. I had a copy when it came out though i hosted it on a site that deletes inactive accounts that haven't been active in 30 days.

During gameplay, you are a little orange triangle ship at the bottom of the screen and your job is to shoot the green/blue amoeba like enemies that are near the top of the screen. On the intro screen you had the ability to press like an f# key to view the history of the game by one of the people who supposedly worked on it(slave2). It also had catchy music if memory serves me right. I looked far and wide but seems to have vanished off the internet from whence it came :(

The versions you are most likely will come across are the Polybius 6.1 version that is similar to Tempest(could be found on youtube) and the april fools programs by a variety of different sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back