Anyone use MotionJoy?

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
I'm trying to pair my PS3 controller to my PC but have hit snags.

Basically the issue is not with BT pairing but after downloading the driver etc and keeping the controller connected via USB, I then go into properties to test the controlls. Cant get the face buttons, d-Pad or trigger buttons to register. The sticks, stick buttons , start and select work.

Can anyone help?.

I'm trying to pair my PS3 controller to my PC but have hit snags.

Basically the issue is not with BT pairing but after downloading the driver etc and keeping the controller connected via USB, I then go into properties to test the controlls. Cant get the face buttons, d-Pad or trigger buttons to register. The sticks, stick buttons , start and select work.

Can anyone help?.
did you actually install the driver from the driver tab and not just the motionjoy program?

have you tried it with a game yet? if yes then what game?

have you tried setting it up in a profile, like xinput? after that hit the enable button.

I loaded the drivers .

I choose DX-Default Playstation 3

Click Enable, then home button

Go into gamecontroller panel then properties.  

I can see the first 6 buttons are already lit up.  Which says theres an issue from the get go.  I move the sticks they work. Click the stick buttons they work. That's about it , the other buttons etc , no responce.

Haven't tried with a game or any other steps. I had 6..0 of MJ with similiar results so now on 7 but again similiar results

Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
I loaded the drivers .

I choose DX-Default Playstation 3

Click Enable, then home button

Go into gamecontroller panel then properties.  

I can see the first 6 buttons are already lit up.  Which says theres an issue from the get go.  I move the sticks they work. Click the stick buttons they work. That's about it , the other buttons etc , no responce.

Haven't tried with a game or any other steps. I had 6..0 of MJ with similiar results so now on 7 but again similiar results

Any advice?
set it to xinput and try it with a game, for a free game go to steam and try dirt 2/showdown demo. and see what happens...

Well I downloaded a steam game and got the same results, it recognises the sticks, stick buttons, select and start but none of the other buttons.

xinput is for xbox 360, at least thats what the window im on is telling me. The only PS3 option is DX-Default.

Anyway, even if I choose xinput, I can see the first 6 buttons are already lit in the properties window just as they are in the DX-Default PS3 option, ie same issue.

xinput allows you to emulate xb360 controller which has better support than the others(the same layout)

obvious question but have you tried to reconnect controller?

have you tried the controller on a ps3 to see if it is a hw problem?

have you tried a wired connection instaed of bt?

have you tried to play via xinput or custom mouse&keyboard config?

Tried reconnecting, Dont have a ps3, dont have BT so am only using a wired connection, tried xinput same issue

^ Tried that several times with no luck

I might loan a friends PS3 controller and see if it does the same thing, at least that will tell me if its a HW issue.

Does the PS3 controller have firmware loaded on it that I might try re-flashing?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Tried that several times with no luck

I might loan a friends PS3 controller and see if it does the same thing, at least that will tell me if its a HW issue.

Does the PS3 controller have firmware loaded on it that I might try re-flashing?
from what I see interfacing with the controller is done on the pc side of things and nothing was modified on the controller when loading drivers, so I doubt it is a fw issue.

in the game controller panel > properties > settings there is anb option to calibrate, maybe you can try that.

Actually if I pair a my freinds PS# controller to my PC, he will lose connection with his PS3 will he not?

Ahh shit, this motionjoy is absolute shite.

Ive had enough. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.

The ps3 has some very annoying shit anyways. Weird controller shit.

chaotic and relentless fimware upgrades.

It annoys me no end compared to the xbox 360.

In a nutshell I blame the ps3 controller for this.

Back