App Store needs updating

Just gone on AppStore and the think is BORKED!

Left hand side is a big White square only way to navigate is by putting mouse over and reading link info at the bottom.

Mid update?
Let me guess, you're using Midori (or was it Arora?) on the Pandora itself? ;) Don't. It's long been known not to render the app-store correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess, you're using Midori (or was it Arora?) on the Pandora itself? ;) Don't. It's long been known not to render the app-store correctly.

Correct! Installed firefox and it's fine now. Makes complete sense that it wouldn't work using the installed browser ;) where would the fun be if it did that.

Oh wow, I totally forgot about the app store. It really needs updating, but I bet that is the last thing on everyone's mind. It looks promising as it stands. I wish I knew more about databases I would love to help. I am well versed in HTML, CSS, and Photoshop if that helps I would love to lend a hand.

Oh wow, I totally forgot about the app store. It really needs updating, but I bet that is the last thing on everyone's mind. It looks promising as it stands. I wish I knew more about databases I would love to help. I am well versed in HTML, CSS, and Photoshop if that helps I would love to lend a hand.
craig has updated it with software recently but as for changing or upgrading the appstore itself,well thats another thing. :)

That is what I meant by updating. The store itself is in need of a face-lift:/ it does not look bad, it just needs some help.
True it needs to be a bit more professional not to discredit craigixs work,but more pandoras in peoples hands means more appstore users.

the HTML,css and javascript deff need updating, the HTML is not optimally written, in some cases style properties and or javascript is being written directly within some html tags, when it should all be kept seperate.

but apart from that it could do with a little style make over, what sites have u done in the past?

I have only worked on one, but I had to completely remake it and I . I am not a web developer or anything. I just know web standards and how to adhere to them. I worked for this: http://mcdonaldranch.org/ non-profit. I am not a fan of their color scheme, but it works. The header is in PHP so I don't have to change it on all the pages all the time. I would be much more strict with the app store's html because they need it. I don't know what needs doing, but if it is just web standards, I can do that no-sweat. Just point me in the right direction, you don't even need to give me access to the server or anything. If you give me a copy of the html that needs fixing I can turn it around and send it back with the necessary fixes.

just done a fresh test of my script after I found a bug and just to let you know craig the following apps in ur store have errors from either being wrong filetype (i.e. stored as zip instead of pnd) or other PXML,ICON related errors... just incase anyone wants to fix these packages here is the list.

Code:
Array

(

[mame106.pnd] => Array

(

[0] => no XML data appeneded to binary

[1] => no icon appeneded to binary

)

[Stella312a] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => version

)

)

[Hatari131d] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => version

)

)

[blocksoftheundead] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => description-description

)

)

[FReceptionShahzadmiscsqrxz] => Array

(

[0] => no XML data appeneded to binary

[1] => no icon appeneded to binary

)

[nethack-tty-3.4.3-Os-upx] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => application

[1] => title

[2] => description

[3] => version

[4] => category

)

)

[spout] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => version-build

)

)

[ZeldaOLB_US] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => application

[1] => title

[2] => description

[3] => version

[4] => category

)

)

[beat2x] => Array

(

[0] => no icon appeneded to binary

)

[elemental] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => application

[1] => title

[2] => description

[3] => version

[4] => category

)

)

[Hexen] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

)

)

[Heretic] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

)

)

[Hexen2] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => application

[1] => title

[2] => description

[3] => version

[4] => category

)

)

[kronos] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => application

)

)

[firefox366] =>  this apps version 3.6.12.0 is older then one on the server 4.0.0.0

[deadbeef] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => description

)

)

[FireFox] =>  this apps version 3.6.3.0 is older then one on the server 4.0.0.0

[schismtracker] => Array

(

)

[background_killer] => Array

(

)

[CodecPack] => Array

(

[PXML MISSING] => Array

(

[0] => version

)

)

)

The store itself is in need of a face-lift:/ it does not look bad, it just needs some help.
Oh, you're talking about something beauty-get^H^H^H^Hful.

beauty-get is an entertainment software manager with focus on security, ease of use, very good benefit/interaction ratio, and, last but not least, "fun to use". It's designed to be more responsive than a www-based solution with minimized (invisible) loading times, and more suited for games and entertainment software than a typical package manager.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread (you can reply to me via PM if you think that's more appropriate), but I'm still wondering if people would be interested in in using that (given of course that most software would be available through it and it would be reliable, which I see as prerequisites). I would really like to make beauty-get a reality, but it would need end users to work. So I'm still curious what people think of it.

Oh, you're talking about something beauty-get^H^H^H^Hful.

beauty-get is an entertainment software manager with focus on security, ease of use, very good benefit/interaction ratio, and, last but not least, "fun to use". It's designed to be more responsive than a www-based solution with minimized (invisible) loading times, and more suited for games and entertainment software than a typical package manager.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread (you can reply to me via PM if you think that's more appropriate), but I'm still wondering if people would be interested in in using that (given of course that most software would be available through it and it would be reliable, which I see as prerequisites). I would really like to make beauty-get a reality, but it would need end users to work. So I'm still curious what people think of it.

thats really nice, tempel on gp32x in my thread posted that he would work on a native client (although at his own pace) that could pull apps repo style from my site or any site that stuck to the same JSON format, if you contact him maybe you could work together, make something really impressive :) id bet the combined results would be really nice.

Id hate for waste all my time with my site for it not be used in some way, your front-end looks nice you should make it skinnable too then people could make themes for it :p

My two cents: app store has to be centralized. In the early iOS jailbroken days, there were tons of stores. It was a pain. Now there's one, and with all the minds from the other stores it's much better. It also should be a program, not just a site. It should help with install, check for updates, and all that beautiful stuff.

Damn I need to learn how to code better. I feel so worthless.

My two cents: app store has to be centralized. In the early iOS jailbroken days, there were tons of stores. It was a pain. Now there's one, and with all the minds from the other stores it's much better. It also should be a program, not just a site. It should help with install, check for updates, and all that beautiful stuff.

Damn I need to learn how to code better. I feel so worthless.

That's kinda what we are trying to achieve, except the pandora isn't an apple product with one official app-store and one unnoficial jailbreak app-store; cydia, which also allows mutiple repos :) because it has the same principles as any other linux app store, and it uses the same technology as many linux app stores to manage apps called apt ).

The pandora is a linux handheld which uses a linux OS and like other linux distros should have the option to add multiple repo's to a native app-manager/client.

this isn't some closed gate operation like what apple run, this is a gorgeous open linux community (lol sound like an M&S advert).

And because currently the "official" app-store doesn't offer its services as a repo, that's where I will fill in the gap until it does, or if my site (when complete) becomes popular enough and if the official team want to use it, I will gladly let them have my code.

Back