Apparently, I Can't Catch A Break.

mindlord

Notices Two Things
Website
Visit site
I haven't contacted support again yet, but... It happened again. I don't know how. My Pandora has again developed the purple haze of death, not to mention the fact that the left nub has lost the ability to recenter. It appears that it is jinxed. I really don't want to ship it off again, especially since I have had it back in my hands such a short time. *SIGH*

yes, it sucks. It happened to me two times, and had to send it again. And that's precisely why I don't want mine back until they receive the new boards with fixed nubs screencables. So there wont be a third time. More than two months since I sent her IIRC, and living very disconnected from the forums in the meanwhile...

I think at this point I'd want to wait for new nubs and cables, too. The heartbreak of seeing the purple haze a second time is very hard to bear.

The nubs on my Pandora were always a little bit... not quite right. They seemed to loose calibration pretty quickly. I avoided using them, truth be told. I was trying to get joystick support working properly in xmess.x11 when my left nub died. Disastrous distraction.

The silver lining is - maybe by the time that I get my Pandora back again, the Debian image will be up to speed. I really don't like Angstrom.

Maybe they should facilitate some people swapping their 1st batch positions with 2nd batchers.

I emailed Debs and she informed me that she will alert me when he have a unit available to swap out for my broken one. I get to continue to use my dying Pandora. When a new one is reserved for me - I ship mine in for replacement. This works for me since I get to continue to work on my projects instead of sitting idle again.

joseluisjazz said:
yes, it sucks. It happened to me two times, and had to send it again. And that's precisely why I don't want mine back until they receive the new boards with fixed nubs screencables. So there wont be a third time. More than two months since I sent her IIRC, and living very disconnected from the forums in the meanwhile...

hah, same. my pandora's LCD cable broke entirely in August, and the right nub stopped centering; I've been entirely without anything electronic that's pocketable for a long time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome. Just a few hours ago the postman gave me a pandora! Did the team saw my message and sent one to me as urgent mail? :lol: because timing is perfect.

The thing is that I'm glad to have it again, but I still doubt it has the new parts inside. And I fear it mostly for the nubs. But, whatever. I can see the quality of this unit is much much better than the one I remember AFAICS. The shoulder buttons fits better, the usb 2.0 port works at last!!, the wifi test gives me 250 KB/s, the nubs feels tighter with a good response, the screen looks good, and the hinge is also tighter. Lets see if it keeps that way for a loong time. :)

Now to populate my cards... and slowly start to port software again... :)

I almost cut off the tip of my left thumb yesterday with a cheap cutter (razorblade that has notches to break). Let me tell you something, if you ever use one of these be careful and wear some kevlar gloves or something. I was trying to cut some tough plastic and had to crazy glue the tip of my thumb back into place. I've bandaged it and now am waiting to play a perfectly good Pandora that now sits in a box. I can't kayak either. I'll never use one of those blades again for anything. The blade broke while I was in the middle of cutting, the blade piece that remained in the plastic did really well cutting my thumb. Glad I didn't have to go to the Emergency Room.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

^ Can you still roll? You'd want some Musky Armour gloves I reckon.

I'm glad Jose got his replacement but there is no way it can have the new parts inside, so worrying about it is worthless.

The LCD cable may have been better placed by a tool but thats it, except originally the LCD cable was a problem of solder blobs shorting on the speaker wires.

The new NUBs and newer cables (eventually) will make all these a thing of the past but I expect all Pandorians to take these costs upon the chin if they want OP to get anywhere. You invested already, so make it so.

Chaser said:
^ Can you still roll? You'd want some Musky Armour gloves I reckon.
I can still roll if l get in a kayak, I just don't want to get my hand wet for a few days so it heals clean.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

PS The new cases are a big improvement over the last ones, but if you need new nubs, then I understand why you would want to wait a few weeks.

I am also waiting for my 3rd one. I asked them if they could hold shipping mine until the new boards/nubs are in.

Seems that this is not too uncommon of anoccurrence.

oN the contrary this situation is far from commonplace.

Bear in mind we are the very few pandorians who actually make themselves known.

I have jack shit to offer to the community except testing, praise, or minor bitching. My kids are asleep now, so its testing or praise at present. :eek:

Edit: Sorry about your hand man. I hoped you were rolling away in BC but then realised (used real eyes) you are in California and meant your rolling in Kayak terms. How's the kayak fishing if you've ever given that idea a troll?

As for the damaging weapon in question, are you talking about a basic box cutter? In which case we really need to smoke more weed to agree that multiple colours can infringe on our freedoms.

Chaser said:
oN the contrary this situation is far from commonplace.

Bear in mind we are the very few pandorians who actually make themselves known.

I have jack shit to offer to the community except testing, praise, or minor bitching. My kids are asleep now, so its testing or praise at present. :eek:

Edit: Sorry about your hand man. I hoped you were rolling away in BC but then realised (used real eyes) you are in California and meant your rolling in Kayak terms. How's the kayak fishing if you've ever given that idea a troll?

As for the damaging weapon in question, are you talking about a basic box cutter? In which case we really need to smoke more weed to agree that multiple colours can infringe on our freedoms.

It's a great Halloween Costume the hand is. I could bloody up the Pandora a bit and say it is a possessed handheld that gets upset if you don't hold it for Two Months™ at a time.

Never tried the kayak fishing, and hope to not be a little fish in a kayak either vs shark in the surf.

Twas a basic box cutter with grooves where the blade can be broken off when it gets dull. The groove broke and got me.

I a medical patient in California, don't care if Prop 19 passes one way or the other next week, as a business owner, I see it as good legally. Not worried about my freedom on this unless I travel.

Stoked about the nubs to go back on topic!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Back