[Application] Code::Blocks and CommandLine Compile Everything

You could try to comment out the tests for malloc in the configure.ac and do autoreconf. Then do configure again and try again.

I have a problem compiling this prog http://imagination.sourceforge.net/ is a nice slideshow maker.

It have a script autogen.sh that setup all the things at it return correctly generating a makefile ( i hae added libsox in appdata/codeblock for this as it needed to compile)

Now when i type make the compilation is done but linking give me this error:

libtool: link: cannot find the library '/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libltdl.la' or unhandled argument '/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libltdl.la''

and exit with :Error 1

Now i have checked and this .la file is present...i have also copied this on appdata/codeblock dir but nothing is changed.

I build on SD with an ext2 file system.

Hum, strange, but this path "/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/" is a path of the cross-compile Chaintool. So maybe I have still some leftover in the codeblock PND.

I uppdate Libtool some time ago, so I suppose some lib have a bad dependency somewhere.

About libsox, can you try adding-it with a configure make ?
Your PND is in a Ext2, so you can try
./configure --prefix=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr
make
make install

and then try again?

Last edited by a moderator:
With this PND (as of version 1.0.5.08), you can:

• Compile C, C++, Fortran, ObjC, Java, Python, Perl, Lua.
Can you explain what you mean by "compile Python" ? Python code can be executed directly, it does not need compilation. Or am I missing something ? 
I think I will rephrase that, as it seems missliding. You can "run" python script. This is not a compilateur (same for Lua).

hum touché !... In fact, the "almost" is for LibreOffice... I won't compile(yet?). But I will try again later...
Any reason why it does not compile LibreOffice yet?
I haven't be able to determine the problem. But I will retry, later.

When I tried, the bootstrap was ok, the first step of make (building of dmake) was ok, but then, the build will not run because the work dir stay empty. But may be it was my "git clone" that was currupted. I have to retry, with a fresh download of sources and so on...

Hum, strange, but this path "/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/" is a path of the cross-compile Chaintool. So maybe I have still some leftover in the codeblock PND.

I uppdate Libtool some time ago, so I suppose some lib have a bad dependency somewhere.

About libsox, can you try adding-it with a configure make ?

Your PND is in a Ext2, so you can try

make

make install

and then try again?
Just tested with your suggestion..but i have the same result:

libtool: link: cannot find the library '/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libltdl.la' or unhandled argument '/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libltdl.la''

Libsox is correctly detected and is not a problem.

I'll try rebuild with the old version of compiler....

It seems to want that toolchainpath. You can grep through the generated Makefiles etc. To find that path in your sourcedir after doing configure.

Then replace it with the correct path without doing configure afterwards and build again.

Solved my problem compiling libiconv enabling extra encondings like this:

./configure --enable-extra-encodings --prefix=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/

make install

I will try the same with freetype.

PD: Compiled freetype with same prefix as libiconv and now freetype-config point

to the correct folder.

Now when i type make the compilation is done but linking give me this error:

and exit with :Error 1
The .la files used by libtool are just text files. The error you're getting is not because the file doesn't exist, but because the contents contain an absolute path to a library that is in a different place. At a guess, it contains a reference to something like '/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libltdl.so', which you need to change to something like /mnt/codeblocks/usr/lib/libltdl.so'.

Personally, I hate libtool. It's a solution to problem no-one has - it just adds more problems. When building the cdevtools PND, I just deleted all the .la files. When you use the 'addipk' script to add libraries, it deletes the .la files too.

thanks for explanation..but now what i have to do ?

This is the content of libltdl.la

# libltdl.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='libltdl.so.7'

# Names of this library.
library_names='libltdl.so.7.3.0 libltdl.so.7 libltdl.so'

# The name of the static archive.
old_library='libltdl.a'

# Linker flags that can not go in dependency_libs.
inherited_linker_flags=''

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -ldl'

# Names of additional weak libraries provided by this library
weak_library_names=''

# Version information for libltdl.
current=10
age=3
revision=0

# Is this an already installed library?
installed=yes

# Should we warn about portability when linking against -modules?
shouldnotlink=no

# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''
dlpreopen=''

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib'
i have copied, this .la file, also on /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib but the result is the same..

i have to change every possible reference on makefile changing '/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib' to /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib ?

Is possible to compile/link without this maybe disabling libtool ?

Ah, ok. The libltdl.la file itself looks okay. I think the problem is with libsox.la - have a look at that file, and see if it contains a reference to /usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libltdl.la in the 'dependency_libs' part. You'll need to edit it to correct the path if it does.

I'm assuming that is where your build has gone wrong, because I downloaded code:blocks, libsox, and imagination, and have managed to build imagination without errors.

To replicate what I did:

Clear out code:block's appdata directory.

compile libsox:
make
make install

compile imagination:
"./autogen"
edit Makefile to remove 'doc' from "SUBDIRS =" (line 285)
make

run imagination:
src/imagination
I removed 'doc' from the Makefile because it tries to access xsl/xml stuff on the Internet, and fails to get it. This after the main executable has been built though, so you won't have seen it.

Ah Thanks for the guide and advices... :)

I didn't think that the problem was the libsox lib (that i have builded precedently).

ok i have rebuilt it (libsox and imagination) and working (quick test..) :)

Now i have to include ffmpeg and all the needed libs ...

ok i have rebuilt it (libsox and imagination) and working (quick test..) :)

Now i have to include ffmpeg and all the needed libs ...
Ah good.

About FFMpeg, are you sure you need to compile it ? I'm pretty sure there is support for ffmpeg already inside codeblocks PND.

I have taken the files (ffmpeg and relative libs inside your pnd) and copied onto the imagination3 directory but the prog say that dind't find ...setdar a filter of ffmpeg

with this frase "Testing ffmpeg abilities with 'ffmpeg -filters' ... setdar not found! "

Imagination correctly start and load 69 transitions but didn't find ffmpeg that is inside the same dir as imagination.

Ah ok. It isn't the "real" ffmpeg that's inside the PND ircc, it's the version that come with ... hum... I think it's libavcodec or something like that. I may compile the real one at some time, but I think there is some compatibility problem with newer release.

Since they are not very big compared to this PND, I would be glad to have linux and libc development manpages and info doc included in the PND, and why not throw in the section 1 command docs too.

One PND to rule them all!

This is the biggest PND ever, biggest in the repo anyway.

Ah ok. It isn't the "real" ffmpeg that's inside the PND ircc, it's the version that come with ... hum... I think it's libavcodec or something like that. I may compile the real one at some time, but I think there is some compatibility problem with newer release.
libavcodec is the main guts of ffmpeg.  I doubt there is any other different ffmpeg.

Maybe you just had a library missing when built it, so doesn't support setdar, whatever that is.

"avconv" is purported to be the new "ffmpeg"

"avconv" is purported to be the new "ffmpeg"
That's kind of controversial. avconv is fork of ffmpeg, but the reasons for the fork are more political than technical (more info here). However, since the fork, minor API differences have appeared in the libaries provided by libav, and those provided by ffmpeg.

It may be that ffmpeg needs rebuilding with libs and headers from ffmpeg, rather than from libav.

Back