[Application] Code::Blocks and CommandLine Compile Everything

I want to know, how do you (ptitSeb) add libs to code::blocks?

Do you install the libs and dev packages for Angstom with opkg?

Are they based on Debian packages?

Do you build them from source on the Pandora?

Do you cross-compile?

I need to add some other libs, so I'd like to know your methods.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know, how do you (ptitSeb) add libs to code::blocks?

Do you install the libs and dev packages for Angstom with opkg?

Are they based on Debian packages?

Do you build them from source on the Pandora?

Do you cross-compile?

I need to add some other libs, so I'd like to know your methods.
I mainly compile from source on the Pandora. I used the addipk a few times, for some systems libs, to be sure the version on code::blocks match the one in the firmware.

If you want to add some, the method will depend if you have the PND sitting in on Ext2 or Fat32 SDCard.

But basically, I do

Code:
./configure --prefix=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr
make
make install

But if the PND is on Fat32, it won't work (codeblocks/usr will be readonly), so use /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/local instead, it should works.

./configure --prefix=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr
make
make install
ok thanks, I've been doing this too (using ext4, no FAT for me!)

this can be very !@#$ time consuming!!

(building webkit-gtk, depends on a whole lot of other stuff)

I built SDL_sound 1.0.3 (stable) with optimization, and installed to /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr.

It would be worth including in codeblocks.pnd, I guess.

If you'd like to include it, I can provide a tar.gz of the build.  (Or it's easy to build.)

also I got a warning from cmake:

-- Some or all of the gtk libraries were not found. (missing:  GTK2_GLIBCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDKCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR)

and I had to add these CFLAGS:

-I/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include/gtk-2.0
        -I/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include/glib-2.0

Time to do some teasing...

Next codeblocks release will feature, at least:

Allegro 5.1

Ogre3D (only GLES1 working probably)

Irrlicht (only GLES1 probably, my build of GLES2 is not working well enough)

SDL 2.0 (have to hack something about keyboard mapping).

QT-Creator

GCC 4.8.0

And I removed LLVM, but expect a PND that break the 1Go size !

QT-Creator
Sweet, thank you :) . Hope I can soon have a Pandora. Have to take 8 hour train rides to visit my girl friend, perfect time for coding on a pandora :) .

Edit: Do you think, you can get the Open GLES2 working someday?

Time to do some teasing...

Next codeblocks release will feature, at least:

Allegro 5.1

Ogre3D (only GLES1 working probably)

Irrlicht (only GLES1 probably, my build of GLES2 is not working well enough)

SDL 2.0 (have to hack something about keyboard mapping).

QT-Creator

GCC 4.8.0

And I removed LLVM, but expect a PND that break the 1Go size !
You're bundling QtCreator in with Code::Blocks? Weird, but okay, and it saves me having to try and build it.

I honestly think you need to start considering "expansion PNDs".

If fact, that should be relatively easy to do. Create a PND where the PXML has a single "app" that just runs a script saying "Please don't run this, it's loaded by ptitSeb's DevSuit PND". Then you just use the same mounting and unmounting code that's used by run_pnd.sh to mount the PND.

I requested the QTCreator and I am very happy you included it. Thank you. Can't wait getting a Pandora :) .

For QTCreator, it is doable to set ip up as optionnal. But I'm not ready yet. Yesterday I was thinking of it and found that I can probably use /usr/share/application to find the correct PND, browsing the *.desktop file. With some (I hope not too difficult) browsing in shell, I can probably indientify the PND I want and the location of it.

I still have to think of the automount/unmount system. I have ideas in mind, but still have to make them...

With this approach, I will probably end up with:

1. Pandora Dev Command Line, lets call it PDCL (new name, or keep the old, not sure)... This one will include only the Command Line, and place holder for all other optional PND.

2. Code::Blocks IDE, that will load PDCL, and Warn user that this PND is require for proper compile if not found.

3. QTCreator IDE, that will load PDCL, same warning.

4. Winelib will be an optionnal module. Shiped with Winemine, so it as some usefullness.

5. maybe other libs, but I'm not sure,  like Perl, Python 2/3, Irrlicht or Ogre3D, but not in the first time I think.

Also, at launch, PDCL will try to load all optional module that are not loaded (i.e. don't try to mount Code::blocks if code:::blocks is the caller).

But, this will take me time. So not sure if I do a big (huge?) code::blocks first and then take time to modularise, of if spilt the PND right now. Depends if you wan an update soon or not I guess.

Whichever suits you better :) You're the one who's doing it.

I don't really mind QtCreator in there too, just seemed a bit odd to have multiple IDEs in a single PND, but I guess there's a lot of shared functionality in terms of includes and libraries

About code::blocks + qtcreator, yes, that's a bit odd, I agree, but the both need the compile environment. In term of size, they don't add that much compare to the gigabyte of data...

Can you put in code:blocks a wxgadget library with large file enabled ? Is there a reason why it is not enabled ?

I wasn't aware the largefile support was not enable (and no special reason to disable that). I will doublecheck that and recompile if needed (I have recompile wxWidget not so long ago, so maybe it's ok now).

Back