Appstore/emulators/downloads...

MooTheKow

So - now that it is realistically looking like we might actually receive working Pandora units in the near future - is there anywhere to actually download any software for it yet? Say I wanted to start downloading emulators to start getting my SD card all loaded up for when my Pandora actually arrives - is there anything available anywhere to do that right now? I see there isn't really much of anything in the Pandora file archive... and I've read about Craigix's AppStore - but I'm not entirely sure what the status of that is. Thanks in advance to anyone who is more in-the-know than I am.

at the moment anything pandora related can be found on the pandora file archive, or within the forums.
i dont think there are may files ready to be released publically giving the developers more time to finish and tweak things.

The appstore will be done around the time of launch... I think we've still got a while before then to get everything ready for launch also not drastically important until more stuff is ready.

Nothing really out there yet, but you can be sure I'll try to put as much nice software as possible (and ported by cpasjuste or pickle ;)) onto the File Archive in nice .pnd-Format :D

http://pandorawiki.org/Projects_Under_Development
This should be of some use to you.

It's really happening, is it? We actually have to start thinking about actually using our Pandoras now, are we?

Thanks for populating the file archive, ED. :)

EvilDragon said:
Nothing really out there yet, but you can be sure I'll try to put as much nice software as possible (and ported by cpasjuste or pickle ;) ) onto the File Archive in nice .pnd-Format :D

Thanks Ed!

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
Nothing really out there yet, but you can be sure I'll try to put as much nice software as possible (and ported by cpasjuste or pickle ;) ) onto the File Archive in nice .pnd-Format :D

I must admit, I'm looking forward to trying some Dooms, Quakes, and most of all AVP on this thingy :)

Not to mention Exile, Repton... even Chuckie Egg!

It'll be fund if I can get Stellar 7 and/or Nova 9 working in it too. And so on, and so on. Tomb Raider yay!

craigix said:
Populating the appstore is on the list of things to get done before lunch.

Excellent!

craigix said:
Populating the appstore is on the list of things to get done before launch.

I just hope you launch, even if the appstore is not ready ;-)

craigix said:

Any news of your progress on the Appstore ? I was hopping your could show some more of your progress (screenshot)... that's only if you feel comfortable with it of course.

Also personally I wouldn't mind if the Appstore is quite simple for a start. Support for paid apps don't even need to be there for lunch IMO.

marshal said:
craigix said:
Support for paid apps don't even need to be there for lunch IMO.

Well, paid or unpaid, apps can be quite tasty too, but are definitely not required for lunch. :lol: So I agree. I just can't believe it's finally happening. I would find it quite maddening if there was a post saying "Pandora's are all boxed up and ready to go, we should begin shipping as soon as the App Store is in place." I think at that point we'd all buy a plane ticket and show up at Craig's in a less than happy mood LOL. I highly doubt he'd even try to hold up delivery for something so trivial. (Then again one thing I have learned though this experience, never discount the possibility of anything!)
Great times are about to begin. AWESOME!!

Back