[April Fool] Steve Jobs Reveals Xbox 360 Ultimate!

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
From Engadget:

...Microsoft has unveiled a new model Xbox 360, dubbed Xbox 360 Ultimate and due to go on sale late December in the US.

The new model comes in a gunmetal finish, as will the controller and other peripherals, and features a new 500GB hard-drive, as well as the usual HDMI port and bundled HDMI cable

However, the big draw of the Ultimate 360 is the introduction of an inbuilt BluRay Drive.

The console will retail in North America for USD 519 (EUR 368 / GBP 263), with the hard-drive available at a stand alone price of USD 279 (EUR 234 / GBP 191).

The separate hard-drive will also come with a data transfer cable allowing users to copy game saves, marketplace downloads and other content from the smaller 20GB drive.

"Today's games and entertainment enthusiast has a insatiable appetite for digital high-definition content," commented Peter Moore, corporate vice president for Microsoft Xbox.

"Xbox 360 Ultimate's larger drive and BluRay compatibility will allow our community to enjoy all that the next-generation of entertainment has to offer," he added.

A European launch is reportedly scheduled for early 2009, with Albert Penello, Microsoft's director of global platform marketing, telling Xbox Live blog Major Nelson that it will appear here in "late summer". However, a Microsoft UK spokesperson was unable to confirm a date...

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/26/xbox-36...timate-revealed

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that Steve Jobs... he is such a slag.

He's retiring from M$ though aint he?

Me thinks it may be an April Fools joke, judging by the fact that your link, without even clicking on it, links to something on Youtub (that's what it says in the bottom corner of my screen anyways.)

Don't you just love the April Fools stuff they come up with these days...

Almost as good as the Amy Winehouse game getting made... ;)

Ganepark32 said:
Me thinks it may be an April Fools joke, judging by the fact that your link, without even clicking on it, links to something on Youtub (that's what it says in the bottom corner of my screen anyways.)

Don't you just love the April Fools stuff they come up with these days...

Almost as good as the Amy Winehouse game getting made... ;)
The fact that it's Steve Jobs of Apple isn't a giveaway? ;)

Not that I'd click on a link that clearly went to youtube, but it'd be nice if there were April Fools jokes these years that didn't involve rick rolling for a change. It's getting kinda old seeing that link everywhere (and you'd think even the people who fell for it the first time would quickly get a clue)

@ Goity - Didn't realise who it was until you mentioned it. Didn't actually read more than the first few lines. And plus... he works for Apple. I know he's a millionare but I've never bought an Apple product and never will. :p Quite good though.

The best April Fools I've seen was a website doing a newcomer for the European version of SSBB seeing as it's coming out later and it turned out to be an ex NoE PR executive Gosen. That was the best I've seen so far.

Goity said:
The fact that it's Steve Jobs of Apple isn't a giveaway? ;)
Thank god somebody noticed

Exophase said:
Not that I'd click on a link that clearly went to youtube, but it'd be nice if there were April Fools jokes these years that didn't involve rick rolling for a change. It's getting kinda old seeing that link everywhere (and you'd think even the people who fell for it the first time would quickly get a clue)
Well clearly you clicked it.

Nova said:
Err... have you got the status bar turned off on your browser? It's trivial to hover the mouse cursor over a link and read what's at the bottom of the page. No need to click it :)

Tobriand said:
Nova said:
Err... have you got the status bar turned off on your browser? It's trivial to hover the mouse cursor over a link and read what's at the bottom of the page. No need to click it :)

Last time I checked, it wasn't possible to view the content of a link by hovering over it :)

Exophase said:
but it'd be nice if there were April Fools jokes these years that didn't involve rick rolling for a change.

Fair enough. I thought you were saying you couldn't see it linked to Youtube (which as I pointed out is silly), rather than emphasising the fact that Exo knew that the link would result in a RickRoll.

That said, it is theoretically possible to know content without clicking the link if one has previously learned that a particular link goes to a particular piece of content and that such links are not subject to change. Yu_moia-oVI is a fairly memorable reference code after all, if you have seen it before...

Tobriand said:
Fair enough. I thought you were saying you couldn't see it linked to Youtube (which as I pointed out is silly), rather than emphasising the fact that Exo knew that the link would result in a RickRoll.

That said, it is theoretically possible to know content without clicking the link if one has previously learned that a particular link goes to a particular piece of content and that such links are not subject to change. Yu_moia-oVI is a fairly memorable reference code after all, if you have seen it before...
This is true, I suppose I can concede that Exophase may have known the url for that specific rickroll.

Back