Arcade Heaven

vf10a

Still Fresh
Website
www.retro-station.com
I need help! I ordered a supergun from arcade heaven in maidstone (www.arcadeheaven.co.uk) by phone about two weeks ago. They said it should take about a week. I have still not received the supergun and now I cannot get hold of them at all. They do not reply to emails and whenever I phone I get a wierd ring signal and then an answering machine. After several messages they still haven't got back to me.

What do you guys think I should do?

Well if the UK has something like the USAs Better Business Bureau, i would turn them in.

send em an email telling them that you will report them to trading watchdogs of they dont comply

then if they dont, report em

be ware, it may be the Royal Mails fault coz theyre a bit shit atm

I just noticed the copyright date on the site (2002) but I phoned up to order and they were there so... I guess it could be royal mail.

OMG I just re read the terms and conditions and down at the bottom - "please allow 28 days for delivery". This is ridiculous - raven games has the same postage cost and and that is for next day delivery! The fact that I can't contact them makes this particularly annoying as I don't even know if it has been sent.

How on earth could they find a service that takes 28 days to deliver from one location in the Uk to another. :ph34r:

vf10a posted on Sep 7 2004 at 01:28 PM said:
I just noticed the copyright date on the site (2002) but I phoned up to order and they were there so... I guess it could be royal mail.

OMG I just re read the terms and conditions and down at the bottom - "please allow 28 days for delivery". This is ridiculous - raven games has the same postage cost and and that is for next day delivery! The fact that I can't contact them makes this particularly annoying as I don't even know if it has been sent.

How on earth could they find a service that takes 28 days to deliver from one location in the Uk to another. :ph34r:

Why didn't you just ask them to go pick it up at their shop? :)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the guy who runs Arcade Heaven is Andy Baker. He posts quite often (last post was on monday) in the UKVAC Yahoo group. I don't think he is trying to rip you off - probably a genuine mistake. I have emailed Andy via Yahoo groups...

vf10a posted on Sep 7 2004 at 05:28 PM said:
How on earth could they find a service that takes 28 days to deliver from one location in the Uk to another.  :ph34r:

You know, sometimes shops pretend to have stuff they actually don't have :) especially small retailers. So they need time to order it from somewhere else, add their profit and send it to you ;) So as Skeezix suggests ;) tell them you want to pick it up from the shop ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok the supergun arrived this morning so I am happy. I still have not received any communication from them and that is a little worrying - especially as one of the main selling points is their phone help service.

Oh well, thanks for the advice and next time I will do as Skeezix and Hando suggested.

The 28 day thing is a bit of a kludge. If their site was updated after 2002 maybe they'd have some decent stock handling added in and real delivery dates.

It's not so bad with a supergun but it's especially annoying if you have a large package you have to sign for and they expect you to be there 9am-5pm to sign it. Most retailers nowadays send out an email or whatever when the item ships, and you have to wait pretty much as long as they want between checkout and shipping. At least you know approximately how much the delivery is going to take (2 days for most things)

Back