Are There Any Playstation Games That Run At Playable Speed?

limonaati

Still Fresh
I tried to look through old threads and the wiki, but couldn't get a definite answer.

What I'd like to know is that are there any Playstation games that can be played with psx4gp2x on a playable speed?

I didn't have much luck with it when I had my GP2X, but it's my understanding that 2D games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was playable without sound. But don't quote me on that. :p

Edit: spelling

Crash bandicoot run very good but there is crashs sometimes:

crash bandicoot gp2x

A-Train (kind of Sim City 2000 with great graphics but more train simulation based) which run very very good.

Some tiny 3D games such as American Pool etc...
2D games run good too like buster bros collection (pang), raiden project.

Last edited by a moderator:
'StreaK' said:
Yes , there are:
- Blast Radius
- Resident Evil [ if you mess with settings and clock cycle ]
- Some 2d games
- Ray Tracer [ this is extremally playable 3d racing game similar to chase hq ]

resident evil --- wow ---- can somebody post the settings please? I tried for ages but couldnt get it to run at a playable fps.
cheers
Pz

'pubzombie' said:
'StreaK' said:
Yes , there are:
- Blast Radius
- Resident Evil [ if you mess with settings and clock cycle ]
- Some 2d games
- Ray Tracer [ this is extremally playable 3d racing game similar to chase hq ]

resident evil --- wow ---- can somebody post the settings please? I tried for ages but couldnt get it to run at a playable fps.
cheers
Pz
Actually, it'll be good if settings are available to either download or documented to show what settings are best to use on each game. :unsure:

FF7 anyone? The highest I got mine was 23 fps, but it still had retarded sound and video. I think the main problem is no autoframeskip.

Back