Are There Us Based Online Schools?

RoboJoe32

Ah the joys of asking life advice on the internet, Why do I ask this question? Because I'm in a damn rough spot/decision.

1: Quit school, funds stop. (Social security and all, love/hate it.)

Which is bad, since I gotta care/fund my mum's medical bills and life and my own.

2: Quit school, work till disability rolls in and risk losing disability out of them saying "you're fine and have a job." (hate having to be on it at this young an age, but my left eye is partially blind, left hand is wrecked from childhood accidents and some adulthood vehicle accidents, can't lift anything heavy due to wrecked upper back.)

Which while may work, has a bad chance of going bad bad wrong and I end up hurting myself unintentionally while working.

3: Find a decent online school that is recognized by school boards, get an education, work from home.

I win all around, and I don't sponge off of anyone's tax dollars. (Again, hate disability/spongeing off money that isn't mine. So i'd rather do this than get disability and just sit around doing nothing.)

Only problem is finding such a place, i've searched and all i've found are technical schools and rather shady geocities-ish places, anyone at all have any knowledge of online schools that they'd share?

I'm not sure if this is any help at all, but is a long-distance learning course recognised? I'm from the UK but there are students studying in Japan etc. 'at' my university over the Internet.

Decent, the damage has pretty much stopped, but not before giving me a big "F U" to my left eye, which all in all sucks but i'm doing great as far as that's concerned.

And hmm, maybe a long distance course may work, but if it requires travelling of any kind (even to an office just once) it's a no go.

Back