Are You Going To "show Off" Your Pandora?

I might bring it out on a train journey or something, just to see if anyone comments. Other than that, I'm taking it to the comp. sci labs when I go back to uni, although I expect a lot of people there will already have one.

fiveseven said:
I might bring it out on a train journey or something, just to see if anyone comments. Other than that, I'm taking it to the comp. sci labs when I go back to uni, although I expect a lot of people there will already have one.
When are you going back? because until March next year (or so) there'll only be 3,800 in the world. Surely it's pretty unlikely you'll see another one for a while?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go to my friend who keeps saying that the PSP is the greatest thing ever (if you believe so, then good for you) and then I show it off to him while he's playing it.

I'll start off subtle like, "Oh, you're playing with your PSP? That's cool. What game is that? Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. That's nice... I just be here playing the original FF7 on MY PANDORA, BABAH!!"

Okay, I wouldn't really say it in an obnoxious manner; I would probably just use it in public and if someone asks what it is I'd be more than likely to tell them.

Wolfsclaw said:
Hell no I'm not going to show off (except for some close male friends)... I still want the girls to like me! :p
still want them to like you implies that they already do like you
haha

mazza558 said:
fiveseven said:
When are you going back? because until March next year (or so) there'll only be 3,800 in the world. Surely it's pretty unlikely you'll see another one for a while?If say 600 were sold in the UK, with a population of 60m+, only 1 in 100,000 would own one. As an example, there would be about 4 people in the whole of Manchester with a Pandora.

There's a few people I know that like this sort of thing so I will make sure I show them, and as I will no doubt be like a dog with two dicks, you could call it showing off. I quite look forward to using it out and about and seeing if anybody notices and if any of those will ask.

TaG said:
I quite look forward to using it out and about and seeing if anybody notices and if any of those will ask.
Heh, I've been waiting for the day that someone recognises my GP2X. I have had one question - "Is that a PSP?" :lol: Pandora questions will no doubt be "Is that the new DS?".

I have a handful of techy friends, no doubt I'll be all up in their patience threshold with some show and tell. People at work will be super fascinated by it (they were amazed by an EeePC only a few months ago). And I'll need it at work, for unfiltered internet.

Most of my show and tell will be online though, the main forum I hang out on has some interested people and some skeptics. Lots of gamers and music producers. My first Pandora thread went "so-so", they're not used to seeing the seedy underbelly of the development process. I'm not telling them anything about the hitches of the last few months, they don't need the ammo. But when I've got my own Pandora and some nice looking things to video, it's Youtube upload and new thread time.

Australian rave scene's ambassador for Pandora, signing out. :p

I won't be deliberately showing it off exactly, but a few of my freinds are already eager to see it so that they can decide whether to buy one for themselves or not.

I drive for my job, so most times I get to tinker on Pandora will be at home. Unless freaks are staring in the window I won't be showing it off B)

Technically I won't be showing it off to anyone outside my family. I just plan to use the Pandora indoors and in my car. The only people outside my family who'll see the Pandora are people who'll car pool with me and that rarely happens. So no showing off since I also don't feel like explaining the Pandora to anyone.

I would show some of my friends, not much else though. I might make a youtube vid; generic idea I know, but why not?

Well, I've got a problem. See, I've already been showing it off, and I told everyone I know that I'd have one in no time LAST MAY so now I look like an idiot still waiting. But when I get it, it will be soooo cool.

I already have a fan base at my work...

But seriously, there are probably 10 people that I work with who are DYING to see the Pandora, but beyond them, I will probably not show it off... It will be more like pulling it out and no-one will notice...

I've told some of my friends about it, so it'll probably be (and i hate to use this example but it's the best one for this situation) a steve jobs esque pull it out of my pocket, look at it, and put it back in.
then they go "ZOMG WHATS THAT!"

I'll most likely be hiding it so my friends don't take it to play Quake, browse the Internet, play Final Fantasy N, etc.

Or, in the case of other people who don't know about the Pandora, to avoid explaining what it is and why it is so awesome.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.

Wolfsclaw said:
Hell no I'm not going to show off (except for some close male friends)... I still want the girls to like me! :p
Hey now! About half of my friends are female, and believe it or not more of them are interested in the Pandora than my male friends are. Of course that could have something to do with the fact that most of those male friends have their noses buried in the collective a-holes of Sony, Nintendo, or Apple. :lol:

To put it another way, one of my friends (female) asks me nearly every day when she'll be able to play SNES on my Pandora, while my Apple-loving best friend (male) only asks me if I've realized yet that this is an elaborate scam. :rolleyes:

mechanizeddeath said:
To put it another way, one of my friends (female) asks me nearly every day when she'll be able to play SNES on my Pandora, while my Apple-loving best friend (male) only asks me if I've realized yet that this is an elaborate scam. :rolleyes:
Like the Apple iPhone? :lol:

Well I'm on a years work placement away from uni, so it'll be October next year when I go back, by which time there should be a few more in circulation.

A few of my friends like to "talk shop" and although they've not got onto the first batch. they're very excited to see what this baby can do, and rightly so.

I will use the tv out and play some games. I'll then stream an episode of something wirelessly. along those lines...

aaron11193 said:
mechanizeddeath said:
Like the Apple iPhone? :lol:

:lol:

Back