Are you interested in a new Pandora LCD cable?

Would you want to order a new LCD cable for your Pandora for 30$

• Total voters

comradekingu

Glowing ember
Website
portfolio.anotheragency.no
I never said the case files were libre software, or open hardware.

I never questioned your right to do what you want.
Your ability to do what you want is what you could use to your benefit. It isn't about how good the format is, but what sort of
opportunity it presents to others coming after.

From my point of view, the involvement in the first type of device to be made like this, is the greater point to make, in achieving
yet more groundbreaking firsts. As your company seems to only be involved in the libre ecosystem, the advertisement of being
paid to do things in a more open manner seemed like a good venue of opportunity to me. The libre software world is
fortunate that Kicad exists, and it is the perfect match for the pandora now, taking into account the Pandora predates that easily.

I didnt ask you to use Kicad _on_ the pandora, seems I caught you on a bad day.

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
I'm not sure what your asking for. The schematics as released were in the forms of gerber data (and a courtesy pdf for the curious), and it's that data that's apparently going to the fabricators to make. Asking for more work just seems likely to persuade hns to give up on doing this for an ungrateful community.

hns

fortunate that Kicad exists, and it is the perfect match for the pandora now, taking into account the Pandora predates that easily.
I just do not understand what KiCad has to do with retrofit LCD cable production for the Pandora. And I am not sure what it is a perfect match for. It is one tool within several alternatives (BTW: there are other fully libre alternatives) and each one must match a given task and not a device.

comradekingu

Glowing ember
Website
portfolio.anotheragency.no
Often at times I am, you will see me use the nickname "Wally" when it gets really bad.
Just making cables isnt the whole picture. Being able to utilize files for a discontinued device for crowdsourced production of spare parts
is something that adds itself to a long line of novel and open feats of the pandora. Using Kicad to do it would pull an additional rabbit out of the hat.
It also has to do with what sorts of companies the effort can align itself with.
ED found some displaycables when cleaning his shop, but I don't know how many.