Are You Willing To To Take The Next Case Batch Even If Not Perfect?

Willing to accept the case if it works (even with minor visual flaws)?

• Yes

Votes: 141 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 120 46.0%

• Total voters

no!
This_thread_is_bad_and_you_should_feel_bad.jpg

The devs wont, and should not, ship cases deemed not to meet the quality standards, be it fit, or visual appearance. Someone will make a clip where they show of the piece of hardware they are so pleased with, and someone else will point out the flaw in the design, and a rumor, a bad one, at that, will start floating. No. Perfect, or no go, and i believe the devs knows this.

B!

Stop with these threads.
There is one similar to this every week.

(He's making his 3rd appearance in 2 days now!)
FF2-350.jpg

FLAME ON!

kingoddball said:
Stop with these threads.
There is one similar to this every week.

(He's making his 3rd appearance in 2 days now!)
FF2-350.jpg

FLAME ON!

easy there. tone it down bud. don't get flamed over nothing...

Last edited by a moderator:
These and similar threads are popping up daily. People must know by now... Wait until its ready.
It's the same answer every time. People don't want rushed products and devs won't release a rushed product.

As for the question: No, I wouldn't take it is it's not perfect. It would just make the device fall into the same league as cheap Chinese products. Look at the SmartQ (no, not all. But many have parts just fall out) and many, many other devices.

Just my opinion.
I shall retract my "Johnny Flame". Sorry Mr.

Well, I was actually looking for a serious answer to the question. With all the complaing I figured more people would vote "yes".

Guess I am in the minority. If its just a scratch/blemish/silk screen issue I could live with it. especially if such a small issue could add how many numbers of months to the project.

I voted no, since if it wasn't perfect then all the waiting until now would be pointless.

I voted yes, but I'm pretty sure that I'm just extremely anxious to have Pandora in my hands, because I know damn well that a slight imperfection here and there would get to me in a psychological way...thus driving me bat-shit insane looking at it.

The only reason I would take a NEW console with scratches or "blemishes" on it would be if it was at a Factory Seconds outlet at a nicely discounted price. No other reason!

I'd take it if it had some minor silkscreening issues, but it wouldn't be a good idea for the team to release them like that, for aforementioned reasons.

THAT IS IT!!! No more threads until you get your Pandora. There is nothing and I mean nothing new here. Yeah, all the questions have been answered (MORE THAN ONCE). (If you can't find an answer to your question get on the short bus and drive(hopefully off a cliff)). There is no reason to get a some-what finished product. This has to be perfect, OP will live or die by this product.

Certainly, I hope the Pandora is in great shape and that it doesn't get beat to death by Engadget or some other review site.

Once you have it, you will have it a mighty long time (like your first good girlfriend). It only emulates old games and runs a few indy games. Almost every game it is going to play already exists. You can play those games on your PC if you can't wait to take it on the road.

Yeah the Pandora is going to be awesome, I can't wait but they can't ship a shitty product. This will either make or break them. There is no reason to expect any more from a community designed device with the company that is producing it risking everything. Sure they might get rich but if Pandora looks like crap and is unfinished it could break the OP spirit. Just relax and wait. It is going to be awesome.

This is Coming from a first few hours pre-order and an reorder. SO yeah I am waiting. tic tic tic. Now wait like the rest of us.

Joepostal said:
THAT IS IT!!! No more threads until you get your Pandora. There is nothing and I mean nothing new here. Yeah, all the questions have been answered (MORE THAN ONCE). (If you can't find an answer to your question get on the short bus and drive(hopefully off a cliff)). There is no reason to get a some-what finished product. This has to be perfect, OP will live or die by this product.

Certainly, I hope the Pandora is in great shape and that it doesn't get beat to death by Engadget or some other review site.

Once you have it, you will have it a mighty long time (like your first good girlfriend). It only emulates old games and runs a few indy games. Almost every game it is going to play already exists. You can play those games on your PC if you can't wait to take it on the road.

Yeah the Pandora is going to be awesome, I can't wait but they can't ship a shitty product. This will either make or break them. There is no reason to expect any more from a community designed device with the company that is producing it risking everything. Sure they might get rich but if Pandora looks like crap and is unfinished it could break the OP spirit. Just relax and wait. It is going to be awesome.

This is Coming from a first few hours pre-order and an reorder. SO yeah I am waiting. tic tic tic. Now wait like the rest of us.

Well said!

Joepostal said:

i dont know if i find this whole spaz funny or dead on...

Back