ARM In Supercomputers — 'Get Ready For the Change'.

Don't expect them in the near future. I'm more eager to see Intels next Haswell and Atom generation. ARM is very cool but the thing that really bugs me is, you need an extra image for every singe SoC. You can't just take Arch linux ARM and install it and sometimes there is no image for a specific SoC. Well, I'm not entirely sure of whats the cause of this (bootloader, drivers, limited space..)...

Intel on the other hand provides good Linux drivers and their next Atom generation seems promising.

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/13/05/06/1736216/intel-details-silvermont-microarchitecture-for-next-gen-atoms

Could the mainstreaming of Android & drivers fix that?

I'm imagining a Linux-for-ARM_patches bundle made up of all the tweaks each SOC manufacture makes when they port android to their new SOC for the convenience of the cheapskate Chinese gaming tablet manufacturers.

If anyone got round to writing a neat installer, it might be possible to autodetect which tweaks were needed to the given device. That way you could have a disk containing generic ARM7 stuff and the patches bundle.

Not neat, not convenient, but better that a complete seperate install for each.

Having said that, I really don't understand the lowest level of software

feel free to ignore.

The kernel bundle is on it's way.

Also, Linux supports 64 bit ARM before the actual release of the chips.

I hope its better than Debian squeeze support for USB3.0

That was from before the hardware existed to test and behaved dreadfully on my new computer.

USB3 SDXC card reader --> so slow that it took five seconds to list a few directories

Pandora plugged into USB3 port to charge (no logical end devices) --> fills root partition with many GB of error messages

Probably fixed in wheezy, though...

Must try.

Back