Arora to Pale Moon - Bookmarks?

G

Gaz

Hi guys, been enjoying the Pandora for a while now. I'm impressed with the amount of programs that have been made or modified, you guys are dedicated!

About a year ago, my Firefox install stopped working with "could not find profile" errors. Reinstalls didn't work, so I decided to use Arora.

After finding out about Pale Moon, I thought I'd give it a try. Had to update the OS first - hadn't done that before.

Thing is, Arora saves the bookmarks as a .xml (IIRC) format that Pale Moon can't read. I can't get it to import the bookmarks using "import from another browser" either.

Is there a way to move the bookmarks over, or am I stuck just replacing them one at a time?

Thanks for your help.

If it won't import them automatically, then I suspect you'll have to take matters into your own hands.  Firefox claims to import bookmarks from html and json formats, as well as export to them, so you can export your current firefox bookmarks and inspect the format.  The json ought to be the easiest one to use, but looking at mine it writes it out in a fairly non-human-readable format by omitting any newlines or indentation.

Back