Arrgh!

jjk

Still Fresh
I don't know what's more frustrating:
  • Waiting two months until you get the GP2X.
  • Missing the closing time of the miserable tiny post office when it arrives.
  • Not being able to get the USB connection to work, and not having access to an SD reader.
THIS IS AGONY! :(

EDIT - USB problem solved, see the "Invisible GP2X appears" thread!
:)

LOL you probably should change that title. I think starting with what you get dmesg should be a good start for someone. I can't tell from the post what your problem really is.

Code:
dmesg | tail -20

I don't know what's more frustrating:
  • Waiting two months until you get the GP2X.
  • Missing the closing time of the miserable tiny post office when it arrives.
  • Not being able to get the USB connection to work, and not having access to an SD reader.
THIS IS AGONY! :(

So - does anybody know what could keep the USB from working? I'm connecting to a Linux machine, very old motherboard, USB 1.1 interface; I've never had problems with USB devices before. It seems as if the cable is broken, or (horror!) the GP2X's USB interface is.

Question to Craigix: The box was open, so I assume you tested the units you sent out?

I'll try this with a few other machines at work tomorrow; for this evening, it seems I must be content to work off my frustration in the dojo...

:unsure: Jens.

Things I've noticed about the USB connection:
Note: I didn't know how to use it until after I upgraded the firmware

1. You need to turn on the USB in Settings.
2. Only the SD card can be viewed when connected.
3. Don't attach the usb cable until after activating the USB under settings.

This worked for me in XP, not sure if one can format an SD card if it's connected in this manner, the card's label didn't appear in windows. Not sure what's involved accessing it from Linux.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back