Atari 2600 Vcs (stella)

spyhunter

Still Fresh
Has anyone got the Stella (Atari) emulator working - I have my roms in the /bin folder under the Atari folder but and they all appear using the selector, but when I load them it goes to the Stella program with lots of different commands on a list - any idea's or suggestions on how I can get this working on my GP2X Please?

The idea of the "Other stuff" section is discussing about stuff not related to GP32/GP2X/XGP.

If you need help using your GP2X, post in the correct section.

Also how did i insult you?

The idea of the "Other stuff" section is discussing about stuff not related to GP32/GP2X/XGP. If you need help using your GP2X, post in the correct section. Also how did i insult you?

You're right that he should have posted in a different section, but keep in mind that he is new to the forum.

While RTFM may or may not be insulting, you must admit that "read the fucking manual" isn't exactly polite and welcoming to newcomers. At least, it isn't in my culture. I don't presume to know your cultural background or how you are accustomed to treating strangers seeking assistance.

Spyhunter, keep posting. We're usually very friendly and open around here. Next time, though: you'll get the best and fastest responses if you post in the most appropriate forum. Anyway, here's what my directory structure looks for Stella. Remember: the GP2X is a Linux-based system and so is case sensitive. From root:

/Game/stella

In "stella", I have a "roms" directory. That's where I put all of mine (in ZIP format).

If you're still having problems, let us know. Always read the README associated with various emulators and games. Here's what Stella's says:

Installation to GP2X:
---------------------
Place files stella and stella.gpe into a chosen directory. Upon first run,
Stella will ask for your ROM directory and snapshot directory. Remember that
the path to the sd card is '/mnt/sd'.

Last edited by a moderator:
insidedvdstreetcar2nj1.jpg

many thanks I will try that. My folder is named 'Atari' which may make a difference.

I apologise for posting in the wrong forums also!

Back