Audio Editor On The Gp2x?

varioustimes

Still Fresh
Im trying to find something that will allow me to edit waveforms whilst out and about. Does anyone know of anything suitable?

Ive been looking for a couple of weeks and have found nothing yet. There are a few on windows mobile but not invented here :(.

If nothing exists are there any coders who can tell me how technicaly viable a simple audio editor with cut, copy, paste, mix paste, fade in/out and so on is?

Are you a musician xcen? Do you know of any forums for music production on the gpx.. or handheld devices in general? I think it deserves a little forum somewhere.....

Looks like its pretty dead out there aside from the piggy.

"I am undertaking learning python to develop audio apps. These would be portable on the GP2X... but I'm still learning =)"

brave man! i keep threatening to do so but have been busy with music projects for a while. Good luck with it.

Ive suggested an "export selection to sample" feature on the yahoo piggy forum as well as the ability to trim and crop samples so who knows.. maybe we ll see wave editing there eventualy. Though no-one seems that keen so far :(

I think the piggy's community is very busy with the piggy =)

as it is a spin off of LSDJ, I think it's unlikely that it will implement drastically different functions than the ones in found in LSDJ. Furthermore, since it's aimed at live performance, probably that kind of feature would not be that useful in that mindframe.

If you want to join the fun in trying to have something done in python let me know =)

My whole stance on computer assisted music production is pretty damn near close to "fuck it all, I'll do my own apps thank you" o_O

Yes but i think it was always intended to go a lot further than lsdj... or at least in a different direction due to being samplebased. The lack of intrest seemed to be more to do with people thinking it was about saving cpu rather than making new sounds.
Id say its as much a sequencing tool as a live thing really and after all the way its used live involves making phrases and chains beforehand and then triggering them so resampling is as fitting as most of the complex elements of the prog...it just hugely ups the number of sounds you can get from a small sample set. Marc was the only person who seemed keen on the idea and said that the engine would allow it after recent tweaks.. im hopeful as its the killer ap for me in renoise and always has been in sampler sequencers.

The most diy i get in software is using reaktor and pure data (and im rubbish with pd). Id love to go further that way but i really fear it eating into the amount of music i write. So i take a more "fuck it, Segovia doesnt build his guitars" attitude for now :D

haha I hear ya, this is my main problem, I get infatuated with problem resolution and I end up creating more problems than actual music =)

give audiomulch a try too, it's fun.

besides, don't get me wrong, I think a sample editor would be cool. In the mean time you can use this command in LGPT:

CODE

PLOF aabb

PLayOFfset virtually cuts any sample in 256 chunks. jump absolutely to chunk aa or relatively move forward/back bb chunks.

xcen said:
haha I hear ya, this is my main problem, I get infatuated with problem resolution and I end up creating more problems than actual music =)

give audiomulch a try too, it's fun.

besides, don't get me wrong, I think a sample editor would be cool. In the mean time you can use this command in LGPT:

CODE

PLOF aabb

PLayOFfset virtually cuts any sample in 256 chunks. jump absolutely to chunk aa or relatively move forward/back bb chunks.

Never head of audiomulch but i already ROCK sample offset! I was after a standalone sample editor for mangling/optimising samples on the move or one in the pig mainly for the dull reason that i keep having huge sav files due to importing very long samples im only using a snare from. (For example)

Im wandering around the web saying "have you heard of this pandora thing?" in the hope of getting some musicaly minded devs to work with it.
Will go and browse at this mulch software....

Last edited by a moderator:
hey there, first post.
thought id hijack this thread instead of starting anew one since its the same topic.

can i run an audio editor in the basilisk mac emulator?
found a likely target, sound edit 16, but just dont have the knowlege to
know if it will work.

my f200 will be here tomarrow:)

love
Matt

theres acouple of drum programs in the file archive, they seem slim on features.
i'd reccomend a tracking program, they are well worth learning.
far more powerful and flexible than hammerhead. (at least, been years since
i used tuareg, though i liked it)

but milkytracker! c'est magnifique!
except or the touchscreen support......

its daywill come

milkytracker? Ha! good luck... ive been barking up that tree for months with no real luck (as far as touch screen goes). I wasnt techy enough for the advice i got.
If you go to the thread i started at the milkytracker forums.....
http://modarchive.org/forums/index.php?topic=997.0
you might have more luck.

Or try little gp tracker or if you happen to have a ds nitrotracker which is pretty great and about to get even better.

i love the milky on it, the d-pad mouse kinda sucks.
but im getting used to it. ive no idea how to change the sdl file.
im non techy about that kinda stuff
ill probly just wait for the whole open2x release.

the ds tracker will eventually be amazing, and pd on that too. and some wierd wifi sound apps.
id love to get one when the price comes down a bit.
theyve made so many of them and theres still amarket! amazing!
i'll probably have so many tiny boxes they'll weigh more that the mpc60 theyre replacing.

well back on topic, milkytracker's sample editor is working for me pretty well.
i imagine sample length is the limiting factor. not sure what the limit is but is a good 10 seconds at least

Back