Audio Resume Feature...

twivel

Still Fresh
I'm new here so go easy on me. Let me start by saying I just received my gp2x and I'm really happy with it. I'm especially happy with the quality of the LCD display installed in it. Watching videos on it is better than I had expected.

So the video player has this really nice "resume" feature, but for those of us who are interested in listening to audio books, putting it down and coming back at the same spot is really critical? Has anyone seen a way to overcome this with the gp2x? Are there any custom audio players that support this?

Thanks!

twivel posted on Sep 9 2006 at 07:45 AM said:
I'm new here so go easy on me. Let me start by saying I just received my gp2x and I'm really happy with it. I'm especially happy with the quality of the LCD display installed in it. Watching videos on it is better than I had expected.

So the video player has this really nice "resume" feature, but for those of us who are interested in listening to audio books, putting it down and coming back at the same spot is really critical? Has anyone seen a way to overcome this with the gp2x? Are there any custom audio players that support this?

Thanks!

I'm sorry I can't provide you with the information you seek as I use an mp3 cd player for this purpose, but I just wanted to greet you here because I am a great fan of audiobooks too, been for some years :)

Last edited by a moderator:
twivel posted on Sep 9 2006 at 12:45 AM said:

Thanks!

i agree that would be a nice feature since i too listen to audio books on my gp2x at work and it does get tedious try to find where you left off

michaeljustman posted on Sep 9 2006 at 11:34 AM said:
Just speculation... could you somehow have an AVI that has no video, but has an audio track and then use the video player?

I know... stupid idea.

Thats actually a good idea! I wonder how we'd accomplish that.

twivel posted on Sep 9 2006 at 06:33 PM said:
michaeljustman posted on Sep 9 2006 at 11:34 AM said:
Just speculation... could you somehow have an AVI that has no video, but has an audio track and then use the video player?

I know... stupid idea.

Thats actually a good idea! I wonder how we'd accomplish that.

Put a black image tru the whole sequence (lenght) of the vid and the audio track of the movie as the audio file you want. Any good video editor will allow you to do this thing easily.

I don't like audiobooks perse but I'm a big fan of radiodrama's (proffesional and 'amateur' level). In fact I participate in some. :)

I wonder if just renaming it to .avi would be enough to make mplayer deal with it?

Good news: Renaming an mp3 to avi gets it to play without any problems in what you'd normally watch videos in (mplayer).

Bad news: It offers to resume the 'movie' from where you left off... but starts it again from the beginning.

Damn. I guess then you would have to use mencoder or vitualdub, etc, and add in a blank video stream. Maybe ogg files would work better renamed to .avi, since ogg is the same container used for .ogm, which apparently works fine renamed to .avi.

Back