Audio/video latency through TV-Out cable

Menesas

Still Fresh
Hello,

today I tried out TV-Out cable with my Pandora, and I noticed some latency issues on my telly. I used composite video, and both audio and video is lagging behind. The latency is minimal, but it's still noticeable. Maybe somebody has experienced similar issues and/or has knowledge about possible solutions? Thanks.

If you use a lcd tv, set it to gamimg mode without an picture processing or something.

Only tested it with games.

My telly doesn't have a "gaming" mode. But I will check if there is some way to disable picture processing.

Are you plugging the Pandora TV out cable into the cable box or PVR/DVR device that's then hitched to the TV?.. If so those devices tend to buffer the video causing a delay.

Are you plugging the Pandora TV out cable into the cable box or PVR/DVR device that's then hitched to the TV?.. If so those devices tend to buffer the video causing a delay.
No, I am plugging the cable directly into the TV.

Does any other standard definition game system plugged in through the same port exhibit this delay?

When you say "both audio and video" are lagging, you mean that they're both lagging the same amount, like action on the screen corresponds to the audio properly, it just is delayed in the input? That definitely sounds like a processing delay in the TV.

Can you share the brand and model of your TV?

Unfortunately I have nothing else useful to plug into the TV for testing.

When you say "both audio and video" are lagging, you mean that they're both lagging the same amount, like action on the screen corresponds to the audio properly, it just is delayed in the input?
Yes, audio and video are in sync, just "appear" on the telly later than on Pandora. The delay is small, maybe up to 50-100 ms.

The model is Samsung LE40A756R1M.

According to the manual, bring up the setup menu and there should be an "Entertainment" option. It goes through "Off", "Sports", "Cinema" and "Game". Set it to game and it should work better I think.

Also depends what software you're running, doesn't it?  

^Sure if we're talking about lag, but there should never be a delay from what is shown on the Pandora LCD and Television. Sometimes newer HDTVs have issues scaling SD input to full screen.. Sometimes it's added image processing that can cause the issue.  but whatever it is it's on the TV side of it. 

Okay, it turns out I missed the "Entertainment" option, probably due to a misleading name :)

Tried to set it to "Game". And it helped - latency got reduced to a very playable amount (although it still exists).

Thanks for the help!

Back