Beta Audiorace 1.5

keek said:
I tried the pnd and it works very well. Thanks!
thanks for testing :)

One suggestion: perhaps the .art and .scr files can be saved in the appdata directory, instead of next to music file. That would keep my music directory cleaner. If you are worried about duplicate filenames, you can store those files using the md5sum of the music file. For example: <md5sum>.art .

hey, i've really never thought of that; on the pandora this makes pretty much sense to store it within the appdata directory. probably i'm using a mixture of filename and music-file contents to get the md5, don't know yet. i need to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is amazing! I love the nub controls feels really good after a little practice :). Thankyou :D

great game!

not sure if this is possible - users can configure what kind of sounds game triggers? seems at the moment you are using bpm and bass and snare sounds register strongest? maybe some config for more melody elements?

cheers

edit

or maybe some sort of shooting arm to collect blue things that are horizontally parallel to each other?

edit2

external controller support? i can imagine this in an interactive situtation where it is hooked up to a big screen and controll via joystick/diy dance pad?

Viral18 said:
This is amazing! I love the nub controls feels really good after a little practice :) . Thankyou :D

nice that you like it. i play more with nubs now than with the dpad controls, it feels more natural. though it makes playing quite a bit harder.

peelie said:
great game!

not sure if this is possible - users can configure what kind of sounds game triggers? seems at the moment you are using bpm and bass and snare sounds register strongest? maybe some config for more melody elements?
well for now i'm pretty happy that it works as it is. i've never done really audio-processing/analyzation prior to audiorace and i'm pretty new to the topics, so for the moment i'd rather leave it as is, because it just works. but i consider it for a future update!

or maybe some sort of shooting arm to collect blue things that are horizontally parallel to each other?
i know what you mean, sometime's it's just nearly impossible to get all the items; but well, that's part of the game to find the best way through?

external controller support? i can imagine this in an interactive situtation where it is hooked up to a big screen and controll via joystick/diy dance pad?
also a nice idea, again i'm considering this for a future update. but don't hold your breath on that ;)

Fishbong said:
Doesn't work for me. Whenever i select an mp3, it goes to the title ("press start") screen.

probably you're missing the codec pack?

Needs more flash. Some more bells and whistles that go in tune to the music. Another gameplay element might help, too.

Back