Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
A few times recently, I've had to remove avatars becasue of users leeching them straight from sites, and having requests, or popups, to remove them. If you want to use someone else's image as you avatar, then the copyright thing is up to you, but dont use their bandwidth too. Upload it to our servers or host it yourself rather than stealing others' bandwidth. Same with sigs, which can often be quite a lot bigger.

Dont nick people's bandwidth - it's bad manners!

Cheers!

Mines uploaded to gp32x, I would save it on my own webspace tho (http://www.giglio1.karoo.net) if anyone cant be bothered tell me and I can put stuff up for you :)

Could you host an avatar for me? The GP32x host option keeps saying that the type of file can not be saved and it's a gif. Anyway it'd be a big help.

I host all of my avatars too*, and will happily host avatars for others. Axeman, I am actually on the recieving end of this, as my /img directory (which contains a large amount of amusing images - html page out of date) has been hotlinked in forums around the internet. Luckily, my bandwidth is unlimited.

*exception is this avatar, which was REJECTED by the board as a url, but ok when uploaded. Probably because it vastly exceeded size requirements.

Back