.avi To Mpeg2

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
I have 'No Country For Old Men' on my computer as an AVI file. What's the best way to get it up onto my TV? I was thinking through the PS3 or XBOX, but both don't accept AVI.

Is there any fast and free conversion software? Is there an easier way to get it on the TV?

Help!

there are transcoding programs that allow you to play avi on your 360. I have used http://www.tversity.com/home and it worked pretty well. You set up access to certain folders in tversity then you go to your 360 and in connection settings go to set up a computer connection (if you already set it up with your computer you have to remove that connection and redo it) and on the list of computers to network to there should be the name of the computer that is connected to the same router your 360 is connected too but also the name of that computer with tversity in front of it. You select the tversity one and then go to media and then computer and you can navigate any of the folders you set tversity to access (like whatever folder all your torrented movies/music are stored in) and you can watch any type of file your computer supports on your tv.

*im sure that all of the menu names and probably the whole process is wrong but basically just use tversity.

Just FYI, as of their latest updates, both the 360 and PS3 support divx/xvid in an avi container. You should be able to stream it with one of the many uPnP streaming programs or I think even burn it to a disk and and throw it in the drive.

Coder_TimT said:
Just FYI, as of their latest updates, both the 360 and PS3 support divx/xvid in an avi container. You should be able to stream it with one of the many uPnP streaming programs or I think even burn it to a disk and and throw it in the drive.
I've tried dropping it on an SD and also a USB drive. Both yield "unsupported format".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back