Awesome customer service from the OP team!

Failcake

Still Fresh
While attempting to take out my battery a few weeks ago, I accidentally snapped all three of the little clips on the piece of plastic that holds in the battery (brilliant, I know). I sent an email asking if it was possible to purchase just the battery cover, and the same day, Jacquelyn responded:

Hi [Failcake],

I will despatch a new battery cover to you today.

Kind regards

Jacquelyn

And now, a week later, I just received a brand new battery case in the mail! It was sent to me for free, and Jacquelyn must have looked up my address from my original order as I didn't give it to her in the email where I asked if I could buy a battery cover. I'm very impressed with this awesome level of customer service, and it's this type of thing that makes me glad to support Open Pandora. Thanks, Open Pandora team!

I've always been a bit concerned about those clips, too. Good to know they're nice about it.

Send Jacquelyn some flowers? Virtual flowers?

Funny, I was sent a (non north american) ac adapter along with a north american power cable (two contacts usually for various AC adaptors) there is nowhere on the adaptor to plug in this power cable. This makes it clear to me that I was not sent what I should have been.

I sent a mail about this and received a weak apology and a suggestion that I buy something locally.

To be fair, sourcing an ungrounded power cable with a figure 8 connector and a plug for another country could be tricky at best, while they would have spare battery covers on hand.

- Neelix

To be fair, sourcing an ungrounded power cable with a figure 8 connector and a plug for another country could be tricky at best, while they would have spare battery covers on hand.

- Neelix
*They did give me an ungrounded North American "figure 8" power cable (exactly what you just described AAUI).

*They also sent European only AC adaptor. So I have an European and North American things from them neither of which I can use with my Pandora.

*They were sending the Pandora to an address in North America, why would they send an European adaptor to me, I presume this was a mistake, why wont they try and fix this error?

*Why would they send a North American cable which cannot connect with anything else that they sent?

*Clearly they do have access to North American things since they sent me one.

Same with the German support directly through ED.

My battery-cover was cracked because of a bloated battery.

Sure it took a bit longer for ED to answer my mail (because he is flooded with them) but it got a replacement-cover for free !!!

*They did give me an ungrounded North American "figure 8" power cable (exactly what you just described AAUI).

*They also sent European only AC adaptor. So I have an European and North American things from them neither of which I can use with my Pandora.

*They were sending the Pandora to an address in North America, why would they send an European adaptor to me, I presume this was a mistake, why wont they try and fix this error?

*Why would they send a North American cable which cannot connect with anything else that they sent?

*Clearly they do have access to North American things since they sent me one.

Ahh, my apologies. I had misunderstood which part had been sent in error. That being said, while I do believe they owe you a power supply, I also think your best option is to purchase one locally anyway. Why wait for a power supply to be shipped from the UK, when you can pick one up over the counter from any hobbyist electronics store?

Another option may be to pick up an EU-US plug adapter, which may be cheaper and more widely available as a travel accessory. The European switch mode power supply should work just as well with the US voltages as it does with the EU voltages in theory. If you check the information panel on the plug pack it should specify an input voltage. e.g. mine shows "Input: 100-240Vac~0.5A 50/60 Hz. As long as the voltage range on yours is similar you should be able to use it with a plug type adapter, like this one: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3932601

I think my original point still stands. Pandora battery covers can only be obtained from one source - OPL. Power supplies and adapters suitable for ones local electricity supply are widely available in the areas they are suitable for, so where minimising downtime is the goal it makes sense for them to recommend seeking a local supply rather than leaving you waiting for one to be shipped from overseas.

- Neelix

As I understand it, even the European adapter is a switching power supply, able to take 110-220v, 50/60hz, but you may want to double check that. My local dollar store sells straight through adapters that would solve the problem for cheap, you may be able to find something similar.

Back