AYA Neo handheld Windows gaming pc

Seems like GPD has 2 additional buttons on the backside for the middle finger.
Similar to the Steam controller.
I absolute love such buttons and think it's a huge waste that normal gamepads don't have such buttons.
In my opinion there should be 2 on each side for things like mode switching or frequent actions like crouching or jumping.

On the Steam controller I mostly use one for mode switching and the other one for jumping (in RPGs).

If expect Aya Neo to be more compatible with PC games.
However I will not support a device that does not have an SD-card.
Even laptops omit SD-Card readers these days.
That is a direction I do not like at all.
In my opinion we should have 2 or more SD-card slots in each device.
It's the cheapest and most noob friendly way to expand storage.

I always use a mouse with my laptop anyway. What bothers me is when you have trouble disabling the trackpad. On my current laptop, you can only disable it when a mouse is plugged in.

I disabled my trackpad on my laptop when I took it apart to clean it. To be honest, this wasn't on purpose.

Linus mentioned that the actual Company was founded beginning of 2020 by a man with no real (Handheld) business experience with a small team of 11 people. Impressive if you remember that this was then basicly all during Covid19. It seems to be really easy to make such devices in China, at least for chinese people. Not so easy for Europeans for sure. And nearly impossible for european people outside of China. :( But i guess there is even more to come in case of small multimedia/gaming handhelds. Corona crisis and all these lockdowns push that market hard for sure.

This guy has some hands on the new Aya Neo Next. Looks good and has power. But it will cost around 1200€ in the base version, 3x more than the Steam Deck.
Again, very impressive how fast these Chinese companies throw out such devices. But everything has two sides, the Aya Neo from early 2021 is already outdated it seems.

Back