Back lit Pandora Keyboard

Zadak

Still Fresh
Ok so I was wondering why there was no back lighting for the Pandora keyboard. (Is it because there is no room in the case for LEDs?) So I was wondering why not put in some LEDs or glow in the dark letters for the keys.

IF we can put in LEDs it would be a nice feature to turn them off for those who want to have lower battery consumption.

Point: Do you think this would be a helpful addition to the Pandora?

It's been discussed before. According to some peope the light from the screen alone is enough to clearly see all the characters. I suppose that makes sense. Remember that it's a tiny device, and that light source could very well be enough.

Of course you're free to modify your Pandora to have a backlit keyboard yourself. ^.^

If I'm remembering rightly, I *think* that there are pads available on the PCB for exactly this.

If I'm remembering rightly, I *think* that there are pads available on the PCB for exactly this.

Yeah there are pads you can solder on LEDs for a backlight.. however a new keymat that has transparent keys would need to be produced to look right.

If it's completly opened I found it hard to see the keyboard, to type on it I had to pull up the screen a bit. Backlight, like the Nokia n810 has it, would be cool indeed.

Back