controlling the leds ?

Jey123456

As the title say, i was wondering if there is a software way to change the leds intensity (power/charging/sdaccess etc).

I find them way too bright for my night usage (my monitor is usually at 1 brightness, but the leds produce more light than the monitor at that point XD).

I messed around a bit, but couldnt find any easy to access params or whatnot allowing me to lower (or even disable) those lights.

There is always the cheap hardware hack solution (a little bit of black tape) but heh, i would prefer to control it in software (like, if the lcd is at minimal brightness, also lower the leds).

/sys/class/leds/*

Those directories are the LED "controls". Brightness will let you turn the brightness down, or off, manually, but software might turn them back on. The software that controls the leds is listed in the "trigger" file. You can turn the LEDs off completely by setting that to "none"

Code:
echo none > trigger

echo 0 > brightness

Unfortunately most of the triggers don't have a "maximum brightness" setting. They're either off or on full, sorry. If there's enough interest, maybe I could hack some maximum brightness into the default triggers.

thx, i added a script to my bright_down that lower the leds with it. seem the triggers dont update it that often so its not really a problem =D.

Back