Back Onthe Gp2x Scene, Have A Few Questions

GoblinX

Still Fresh
Hi there. Due to the little monsters massive battery consuming, I'd shelved it for some time, and went on with life. I was tidying up the house, and decided to try the thing again.
I was wondering, is there any sort of stronger battery out there, that could feed this thing's extensive power needs for longer? Do I have other options other than either 1. Normal batteries or 2. Adapter?

Was just curious really, but I'm wondering.

One last question, my firmware for it is the 4.1.1, and it still has that horrid volume bug. Was that ever fixed? Anything I can do to fix it?

Use rechargeable NiMH batteries of at least 2400mAh rating. I use Duracells 2650mAh (made in Japan, not China) and get up to 4hrs with them. Probably more like 3.5hrs. That amount of time is about as much as you are really going to get. It's somewhat shorter than most Handhelds (ie. NDS Lite gets at least 20hrs!) but the AA batteries are cheap and easy to have a second pair ready to use.

Ah home, I just use my AC adapter. No worries about batteries then.

Running on a good battery will get you 4-6 hours of play time depending on your activity. I agree with slaanesh that the Duracell 2650s are the best. They are all I use for my portable equipment. A 4-pack only runs about $10.

My original firmware is 4.0.0 and I would NOT recommend an upgrade to anyone. I've followed the upgrade tribulations that people have reported on and I will shun it until Open2X goes 1.0. (I'm just not that brave :) ) Search around the forums but I think there are some solutions you may be able to use. I simply set my GMenu2X volume startup to 50% or less and that works some of the time.

Back