Back-up Payback?

Lineus

Website
gfo.owns.it
Hi, I'm getting the Payback SD card game with my F100 for Christmas, and I was wondering if there was any way to back the game up to a second SD card, or my computer, in case something happens to the original card (I am a klutz). The reason I ask is that I've heard about the copy protection used, but I just want to know how extensive it is. Thanks!

P.S. This is for a legal, personal backup!

You can back up the files and copy them back onto the same SD card just fine, but if that SD card goes poof...

That's all I know *Shrugs*

It wouldn't be much of a copy protection if you could just copy the files to another 512MB card and use that one instead. However, think if you really need to back it up. SD cards are built fairly solid, it'll last you for years if you're good to it :)

Well, you can certainly keep a copy of it just in case one/some of the files become corrupt. All you need do then is wipe the card and copy the contents from your backup to the original card again.

The chances of the card itself failing is very remote (and to be honest, if you were that worried about it failing, I would of thought you'd be from somewhere you can send it back, such as gp2x.co.uk :) )

Well we were told by Craigix that if we were to buy the SD version of the games for sale on his site that we would then also be entitled to a free download version as well that we could then put on any SD card.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...30598&st=43

However, when I emailed them recently asking for details of how to get my downloadable copy of Vektar (that I bought on SD as soon as it was available) I didn't even get a response from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recieved Payback on christmas day, and I copied the whole game (Payback folder) from /mnt/sd/payback (where it was on the boxed 512mb SD card) to /mnt/sd/games/payback (on my 2gb SD card where all my other stuff is).

... it runs fine ... so now it can live on my GMenu2X with my other games, yaay!

Back