Backup Playstation one Disks (PSx)

I never use the device name directly when using cdrdao. I first do (as root, since my rights are messed up):

Code:
# cdrdao scanbus

When I do that, I get this:

Code:
...blah, blah, blah...

1,0,0 : TSSTcorp, CDDVDW SH-S223L , SB02

This is your device, and its address in terms of bus and id and whatever. So use this as your device:

Code:
cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --read-subchan rw_raw --datafile GAME_NAME.bin --device ATAPI:1,0,0 --driver generic-mmc-raw GAME_NAME.cue

You substitute your answer above, of course :) Possibly you could try ATA: instead of ATAPI:, depending on...something.

adding a sudo in front and using /dev/scd0 did the trick for me.

But still: how do figure the drive-path without try and error?

ok, thanks... I think

Last edited by a moderator:
type the command df when you have a cd / dvd in the drive.

Code:
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/mapper/vg_trashylaptop-lv_root

51606140   6063656  42921044  13% /

tmpfs                  2029600       484   2029116   1% /dev/shm

/dev/sda1               495844     30003    440241   7% /boot

/dev/mapper/vg_trashylaptop-lv_home

64894788    637792  60960536   2% /home

/dev/sr0                 61636     61636         0 100% /media/burned_cd

At least with fedora, it mounts the cd in the /media dir which is listed on the right, now on the left you will see the device name of the said drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm late to the party, here, but I would advise making bin/cue instead of .iso, as in the example Moxie posted. I gather that using .iso can be a problem with games that use redbook audio, and suchlike.

[...] I would advise making bin/cue instead of .iso, [...]
for me the command did generate a .bin and a .cue file.

New question: Has anyone experience with compressing those files? I'm pretty sure kurushi final (intelligent cube) is not 500mb big.

[...] I would advise making bin/cue instead of .iso, [...]
for me the command did generate a .bin and a .cue file.

New question: Has anyone experience with compressing those files? I'm pretty sure kurushi final (intelligent cube) is not 500mb big.

Well It could be if there is audio tracks in the game. Uncompressed audio can add up.. If I'm not mistaken there is a method of compressing the audio down.. not sure the process.. Personally I'm not concerned with large file sizes.

Back