Bacteria's Project - Finished - Snes Bluetooth Controller

bacteria

Modder & Portablizer
Website
moddedbybacteria.wordpress.com
Yes guys, I have finished a new project - it was a commission job - to re-house a BGP100 bluetooth controller into a SNES controller. The buyer liked the bluetooth controller but not the buttons and control of the BGP100 - hence this project - the best of both worlds!

The videos and worklogs are done, and the item is on its way to the buyer!

I have made a full guide to make your own, and the processes required, on my forum - please have a look and join up if you'd like to!:

http://moddedbybacteria.freeforums.org/msi-bgp100-bluetooth-device-a-nintendo-snes-controller-t75.html

On that link is also the YouTube video too (or *click here* if you prefer).

Nicely done. That would be awesome to keep in my bag to hook up with my N900 when needed.

How easy would it be to take one of these and do that? I have the XBox model and it is kind of crap. The buttons are too stiff and clicky, and the d-pad sucks. It would be awesome to have a proper 2D controller for the emulators on my XBox.

Thanks!

Ravnos - the controller you mention looks a reasonable size; so may be possible; it all depends on the space available and the space needed of course. If you follow the principles in my guide, you should be able to make your own controller adaptation. How about registering on my forum, starting a thread with pics and details in a thread, and we'll see if the project can be done?

GENIUS! REALLY!
I'm going to have to try an ruin some toys and see what I can do..
I actually have 2 sega dreamcasts and 2 PSX'.... I wonder what I can do... (No LCD's yet... No clue what does what)

I also have an N64, but I play that, still.

Just one thing I thought of over the weekend. With this, I'm assuming you have to open the controller entirely to change the battery, is that right? Wouldn't there be a risk of stripping the screw holes if you do it too often?

Ravnos said:
Just one thing I thought of over the weekend. With this, I'm assuming you have to open the controller entirely to change the battery, is that right? Wouldn't there be a risk of stripping the screw holes if you do it too often?
The best bet would be to pick up a Konami HyperBeam IR joypad, as it is a slightly wider version of a standard Pad (so more space for internal modding) plus the battery compartment is accessible from the outside of the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
x68000 said:
Ravnos said:
The best bet would be to pick up a Konami HyperBeam IR joypad, as it is a slightly wider version of a standard Pad (so more space for internal modding) plus the battery compartment is accessible from the outside of the case.

Since I'm having trouble even finding a picture of one of these, I'm assuming collector dorks will have made them ridiculously expensive by the time I find one.

I've only got a few of these left now - all new!

Not as cheap as a regular pad, but pretty rare, especially when the are unused.

wr13e9.jpg

Attachments

• wr13e9.jpg
    wr13e9.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 127
x68000 said:
I've only got a few of these left now - all new!

Not as cheap as a regular pad, but pretty rare, especially when the are unused.

wr13e9.jpg

You're absolutely right. With a battery compartment in place already, that would be the ideal housing for a bluetooth SNES controller. Who do you need me to murder for me to get one of those? I assume the button and d-pad feel pretty close to the original SNES controller.

Attachments

• wr13e9.jpg
    wr13e9.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 132
They feel identical to a regular pad, only wider and a little heavier.

I could sell you one, but I'd refuse to if I knew it would end up being butchered!!

They come up on eBay every now and then, selling for around £20/$30

Back