The CrossPlane - A Handheld Wireless Video Controller

Oh we have something else in mind entirely. Hence why we need Kickstarter backing to take it to the next level.

In due time. Right now it's not important. With what we are using it works very well and is fine. With funding we can then continue pursuing making it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to understand that with Kickstarter you are funded based on what you have. 

Its all well and good to make the product better if you can, but you should never get peoples hopes up or promise something that you might can't deliver.

If we get  funding and if it goes high enough we will be trying our best to add extras and make it even better.

You have to understand that with Kickstarter you are funded based on what you have. 

Its all well and good to make the product better if you can, but you should never get peoples hopes up or promise something that you might can't deliver.

If we get  funding and if it goes high enough we will be trying our best to add extras and make it even better.
Wow Craig has absolutely no involvment, then. This quote confirms that

The question that springs to my mind is : Why would this be superior to using a second monitor, set of headphones and the controller that comes with the system in question?

As a PC gamer the obvious competitor would be the NVidia Shield, considering this is $50 more and lacks the internals of the Shield then it's a pretty easy call as to which one I'd go for.

Have you considered adding HDMI in so at least you could plug in an Android stick PC for a 'Shield like' experience, or an HDMI cable to save on battery?

Have you considered spending $100 on getting some professional product photos done in a high street photo studio? This would be a good way to increase your number of backers IMHO.

Good luck with this, please bear in mind that if your going to get the publicity necessary for this to succeed then you're going to have to convince people who are probably a lot more sceptical than I am.

Well if you use a second monitor once again you're stuck at a desk.  This is for those people who want freedom to move about or to sit with their friends/family and still be able to play their games while others big the TV.

Yes we are looking at being able to add a feature to plug in an Android stick PC. It would be easy to do it just drains battery life.

Better pics are on the way. But the pics don't matter as this is just the Prototype , the final product will be injection molded and very high quality.

I have to agree with Mr_Loon, the Shield is $50 cheaper but you get more from it. Now, a major part of that is you all are just two guys where as Nvidia is a huge comapny. They have the resources to drive cost down.

And they are making tens of thousands if not more Shields. With higher quantities come lower prices.

Well if you use a second monitor once again you're stuck at a desk.  This is for those people who want freedom to move about or to sit with their friends/family and still be able to play their games while others big the TV.
I can see the niche now, but it seems like a small niche to me.

Yes we are looking at being able to add a feature to plug in an Android stick PC. It would be easy to do it just drains battery life.
Do it, you could make sure the charger has a nice long lead and give the option to use it in stick PC mode when connected to the mains. Also allowing HDMI in via a long cable instead via wireless link should save a bit of battery.

Better pics are on the way. But the pics don't matter as this is just the Prototype , the final product will be injection molded and very high quality.
Good to hear that better pics are on the way, the pics matter a lot though in terms of attracting backers, people will be happier to drop $350 on this if you produce professional looking product photos. If you've got access to a good camera then try and set up something like this for the product shots if you want to save the $100 or so it would cost for an hours time of a professional photographer.

Hope you get a bit of media interest for what is a most interesting product :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had the money to support you, but I'm beyond tapped right now. Seriously, wireless desktop gaming is something I've wanted for a long time. It would be nice with touch screen, as others have said, but I understand why it's not a priority. Maybe a stretch goal?

I just realized that my primary use for this would probably be gaming on the toilet. You're all welcome for that glorious image :p

Funding looks slow for this device.

I dont really see the point of it anyways.

I think it trys to solve a problem that does not exist.

Hailrazer, I see in the comments that the project might come to a earlier end.  Whats the plan moving forward?

We are debating that right now.

Really this project was a "niche" product and not enough people were interested for the price. And there was no way to make it cheaper. 

The funny thing is even if we had been funded, I would probably not have even made back my original investment, let alone a profit. 

So going forward we may just look at the wired retro version in kit form for modders and geeks. We haven't really decided yet. 

But it was a fun project and we learned a lot from it. Just not quite the right product at the right time.

Well, it was worth a shot. It's a brilliant device, I just don't think you got the same pickup on tech sites as other successful campaigns have.

I hope something comes together. Keep us informed, I think I really need something like this for my desktop.

Back