Bad Service

I know loads of people whose buttons became unusable very quickly on their psps, and sony will have nothing to do with it, never mind fix it for a price.

Shikaku posted on Jul 21 2006 at 02:48 PM said:

Hi, my PSP is all dirty because of me playing it a lot, can I get a new one?

Jesus christ, it's just a cosmetic issue...

... no, it's a crack. It's broken, not dirty.

Its not like these are new consoles. They are consoles that have been well used.

Well used? The damn thing just came out ... I can see if these things popped up a year or so later, but no ... if a hinge cracks this soon into a product's life span, it's a defect .. bad plastic, poor design or other issues, but a defect nonetheless. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 21 2006 at 02:14 PM said:
That's right, sony does make a few faulty products, but do I deny that? NO. The fact that no one is admitting that nintendo fucks up is really pissing me off. Im sorry you feel that I'm the fanboy here, but let's call the kettle black when it's black and let's not sugar-coat things. You have a DS regular, correct? Flip back the screen; it stops at the proper viewing angle, but then flips back a small bit more. it is designed that way. And the original model doesnt crack. The Lite seems to crack on a few units when pushed back to the second degree, so it should be replaced. End of discussion. They shouldnt have designed it that way if it wasn't meant to be pushed back.

Get over myself? LOL. Do you see me denying that Sony has fucked up a few times on it's own? Not at all.

I may like Sony more than nintendo, but I don't let my love for the company blind me from the truth ;)

http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/21/nintend...l-fix-for-free/

Well, that was fast.

this happened to mine about a month ago, my girlfriend reckoned the cat had knocked it off the bedside table, it doesnt causeany problems, i just cant help noticing it everytime i use it, anyway, its a japanese machine, im in the uk, you think theres anythin i could do about it?

sorry about picture quality,, was taken on my phone.

22072006001.jpg

My (fat) DS fell off my desk on to its hinge and the little plastic bit snapped off. A piece of paper has now taken its place, and has been working reliably for a year or so :)

grahf posted on Jul 21 2006 at 07:44 PM said:
Its not like these are new consoles. They are consoles that have been well used.

and you've seen them all first hand to know this as fact?

And thanks Daclassicgamingmaster. All these fanboys willing to attack me, I was not attacking nintendo at all, its just bad business, thats not an attack, that common sense to anybody that is in a business that deals with physical product. hence the reason why the person probably hasn't replied, they made themselves look like an ass.

@Angel- the reason I havent responded is that as much as i enjoy these little debates, I do also have a real life.
Not that I think I made myself look stupid.

The fact is that the only people who will be bothered by this "defect" are losers and anti-Nintendo fanboys. The fact that Ninty gave in the in the end is probably because Sony fanboys like you and "daclassicgamingmaster" went running out all over the internet spouting your "Sony would never indulge in this sort of business bad practice" bullshit.

Seriously, it's a tiny little crack, which as far as I know will cause no lessening of enjoymeny or functionality, and barely even impacts cosmetically. Get over it.

declaration posted on Jul 22 2006 at 08:10 PM said:
@Angel- the reason I havent responded is that as much as i enjoy these little debates, I do also have a real life.

The fact is that the only people who will be bothered by this "defect" are losers and anti-Nintendo fanboys. The fact that Ninty gave in the in the end is probably because Sony fanboys like you and "daclassicgamingmaster" went running out all over the internet spouting your "Sony would never indulge in this sort of business bad practice" bullshit.

Seriously, it's a tiny little crack, which as far as I know will cause no lessening of enjoymeny or functionality, and barely even impacts cosmetically. Get over it.
You really are a stupid faggot, holy shit. I said Sony makes some garbage shit, im not denying it. You have no argument, and you're a dumb narrow-minded nintendo fanboy. Go shove it.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 23 2006 at 01:13 AM said:
declaration posted on Jul 22 2006 at 08:10 PM said:

You really are a stupid faggot, holy shit. I said Sony makes some garbage shit, im not denying it. You have no argument, and you're a dumb narrow-minded nintendo fanboy. Go shove it.
I am no fanboy- I just dont think it is a big issue, deserving of this thread and the whole hysteria drummed up by people like you.
I have an argument- but you are maybe too stupid to understand it-
to summarise-

The issue is merely cosmetic. It causes no reduction in enjoyment and or functionality. It is a minor issue not worthy of replacement/ repair.

oh, and thanks for lowering the standard of conversation on these boards. but you are a master of that, arent you?

It doesnt matter what the problem is, people buy a DS Lite for 130 USD or whatever and expect it to be in new condition, not with a crack in it. Are you going to deny that if it were Sony, you would be hearing this thread x10 in terms of intensity?

What really irks me is that people are blaming the consumer for 'using it wrong' rather than blaming the one who's at fault, Nintendo.

Sony does make some shit products, I acknowledge that. They are also wrong not to fix the faulty PS2s. Nintendo is doing the right thing, and as I've said, I commend them.

Every company should stand behind their products, regardless of the issue; and you should in return admit that there was something fishy with this whole senario instead of demeaning the problem.

ps: if you dont like the 'standard of conversation', I suggest you head over to the nintendo forums.

exactly, wether its a $130 DS lite or a $700 Dell laptop, if it is defective, i want it replaced or fixed, and since Nintendo themselves have identified the problem they should fix it for free not charge customers, that is bad business.

And this was reported on gamespot.com, and if you haven't noticed I post alot of threads from that site, Sony or Nintendo. This one was particularly upsetting to me because I'm in a physical business and understand just how low this is.

Declaration, $130 may not be alot of money to you, but to alot of people it is. Wether its a $50 item or $1000 item, a defect is a defect, Nintendo has admitted of being aware of the defect, yet charge consumers another $50 to fix it. Regardless of how miniscule it may be to you, to the rest of us that understand business, this is a bad move and that is the point.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 23 2006 at 01:39 AM said:
It doesnt matter what the problem is, people buy a DS Lite for 130 USD or whatever and expect it to be in new condition, not with a crack in it. Are you going to deny that if it were Sony, you would be hearing this thread x10 in terms of intensity?

What really irks me is that people are blaming the consumer for 'using it wrong' rather than blaming the one who's at fault, Nintendo.

Sony does make some shit products, I acknowledge that. They are also wrong not to fix the faulty PS2s. Nintendo is doing the right thing, and as I've said, I commend them.

Every company should stand behind their products, regardless of the issue; and you should in return admit that there was something fishy with this whole senario instead of demeaning the problem.

ps: if you dont like the 'standard of conversation', I suggest you head over to the nintendo forums.
It's blatantly OBVIOUS that these people got their DS lites out of the box wrong, idiot :p.

Angel posted on Jul 22 2006 at 10:06 PM said:
exactly, wether its a $130 DS lite or a $700 Dell laptop, if it is defective, i want it replaced or fixed, and since Nintendo themselves have identified the problem they should fix it for free not charge customers, that is bad business.

And this was reported on gamespot.com, and if you haven't noticed I post alot of threads from that site, Sony or Nintendo. This one was particularly upsetting to me because I'm in a physical business and understand just how low this is.

Declaration, $130 may not be alot of money to you, but to alot of people it is. Wether its a $50 item or $1000 item, a defect is a defect, Nintendo has admitted of being aware of the defect, yet charge consumers another $50 to fix it. Regardless of how miniscule it may be to you, to the rest of us that understand business, this is a bad move and that is the point.
They admitted they were wrong and are now agreeing to repair the faulty DS Lites for free.

It's funny how declaration is constantly calling us Sony fanboys when

A: I have openly stated that they've made some poor decisions and that the ps2's arent up to par with what they should be, and,

B: You post threads questioning Sony's intentions in regards to pricing, quality build, etc along with the other threads you make. In fact, Do us all a favor and stop talking already, declaration

edit: In fact, I own an original DS. Not sure about angel, but your arguement has been stepped on now. Take care.

Angel: Of course i havnt seen them first hand, but its obvious from pictures of *most* of the cracked lites, that they are well used IMO.
With cellphones for example, the majority of people will never have a problem with a flip phone. SOME people however, will crack their flip many times a year. I know this for fact. It doesnt mean it was designed faulty, it means those people are just harder on the equipment. Some are made stronger than others, but usually they are made as strong as the manufacturer knows how at the time. Broken flips on cell phones are very rarely covered under warranty, unless the situation escalates. Nintendo is now covering the Lites due to public relation issues in my eyes, but non the less they are covering them.

DCGM: you have some decent arguments sometimes, but it really doesnt help your point when you stoop to personal insults. Just makes you sound childish. Take that with a grain of salt.

Back