Basilisk ii / Mini VMac (68K Mac emu) - EOI

Wally

I am a banana!
I have a 12 month old build of Basilisk ii which seems pretty much full speed in my testings but as I am not competent at PNDing on the Pandora yet I cannot release it. The major change from the last version is the FPU is enabled and Snood now works full speed at 600mhz (probably along with the rest of the math intensive games).

I'm having a few issues which are disallowing me from releasing it and they are:

1) Unable to wrap my head around the PND system - I'm assuming a few symbolic links to the app data folder may solve this. Purely to get the BIOS / Disk Images outside of the PND so we can keep things legit.

2) Automatic Disk image mounting, we may need a frontend specifically built for this (I am working on my SDL skills so that might be possible in the near future).

3) The famous touch screen issue occurs when fullscreen. Should be able to be fixed.

4) There doesn't seem to be any user friendly documentation for configuration.

Everything else seems to work as advertised and I am keen to have a release out at some point. Possibly first compiling the latest build from GIT would be a go (My build is roughly 6 months old). 

Mini VMac seems to work fine but again PNDing it seems questionable considering that you need to drag / drop stuff into the window having said that I'm pretty sure that when compiling the source you can specify this but it's been a while.

If you're game you can try Basilisk 2 (but its not repo worthy yet) but you're going to need a BIOS and Disk image and I can't help you with those. Sorry! I am in the process of making a games dsk image so at least I can help with that :D

P.S You'll need a newer version of libstdc++ before it'll work. (It'd be great if this were updated in the OS)

bas2.zip

Attachments

• bas2.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 197
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I seemed to have butchered this build.. It's all coming back to me now. Few modifications need to be done before it'll work properly. I've

1) Modify ~/.basilisk_ii_prefs after first launch

Change fpu = false to true

set frameskip to 0 otherwise it'll jitter and carry on.

Until I get the PND ready this will have to do.

For the touchscreenfix, have a look at the n900 (or WebOS version, don't remember...) version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back