Battery Complaint

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
This is not about the battery life. Its about the battery compartment and those damn korean batteries!

Complaint 1:

That battery compartment is too tight! It was hard to put them in let alone get them out! When i took them out i had to use the battery cover of my GP32 FLU to prise them out and when they finally flew out my GP2x nearly flew across the room. Luckily i had a tight grip on it. Still my GP2x shook a lot and flre a few CM befoer i caught it luckily.

Complain 2:

For a start those Korean batteries are designed terribly so there was no where to sort of hook anything onto them to prise them out. So I used my GP32 FLU battery cover to prise them out like a crowbar and the cover got cracked! Secondly, the batteries seem to be 1-3mm (judging by sight) bigger than normal AA's! This explain why they were so hard to get in or out!

Two Questions.

1. How do you get your batteries out?

2. Would that sudden jolt and small flight have broke nthe GP2x or broken something loose inside or anything?

1. I just pop them out, no problems. Don't bother using thse crappy Korean batteries ... they're just props, never meant for actual consumption.

2. Don't worry so much .. it's a sturdy device :)

You could get a length of ribbon material and set that in the bottom of the compartment before you put the batteries in so that you can just pull up on the ribbon to get them out. It doesn't even require attatching the ribbon to the gp2x; you could just set it in there loose. Or, you could attatch it with hot glue; it's up to you.

I just smacked the (back side) corner gp32x*(GP2X) on my hand a couple times to loosen them then used my fingertips and that was it.

I then bought a pair of the cheap Duracells for a $1 and they were dead in less than hour. The Korean's lasted a alot longer than that!

I ran out to RadioShack and purchased their brand of (4) AA 1800mAh NiMH with the charger, came together for $25 plus tax, charged them and both pairs avg. about 1hr. of usage each.(my monies worth?) That's not rite but hey maybe I'll test them longer.

I also purchased RadioShack's $17. 3V DC Power Adaptor (273-1755) at 500mA and it works fine for me. I have used it four to five times at around 30mins. at a time and it's fine.

*EDIT: yes, I know it's a called a GP2X not GP32X.lol. :p

donny662 posted on Dec 17 2005 at 02:18 PM said:
You could get a length of ribbon material and set that in the bottom of the compartment before you put the batteries in so that you can just pull up on the ribbon to get them out. It doesn't even require attatching the ribbon to the gp2x; you could just set it in there loose. Or, you could attatch it with hot glue; it's up to you.

Wow! Now that is old school! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
im just worried as mine got knocked and shook so much. I have been worried about breaking things by shaking them ever since wabing my gameboy colour killed it :(

RIP GB COLOUR

(1999-1999)

LIZARDKING posted on Dec 17 2005 at 02:33 PM said:
I just smacked the (back side) corner gp32x on my hand a couple times to loosen them then used my fingertipsand that was it.

I ran out to RadioShack and purchased their brand of (4) AA 1800mAh NiMH with the charger, came together for $25 plus tax, charged them and both pairs avg. about 1hr. of usage each.

Same way i get my batteries out. I just take the cover off and tap it on my palm. Works for gameboys :)

I also currently have the radioshack brand batteries, except mine are only 1600mAh. They're a few years old and well conditioned, and generally last about 1.5 hours. I just ordered a set of Sanyo Eneloop batteries from Japan. They are new technology and will not discharge.
Sanyo Eneloop
They should be out soon in the US and other parts of the world. They are 2000mAh (from what i know), but are supposed to hold their voltage level until the very end like a good rechargible should. I play on posting a review after i give them a good testing.

LIZARDKING posted on Dec 17 2005 at 12:33 PM said:
I just smacked the (back side) corner gp32x on my hand a couple times to loosen them then used my fingertipsand that was it.

I then bought a pair of the cheap Duracells for a $1 and they were dead in less than hour. The Korean's lasted a alot longer than that!

I ran out to RadioShack and purchased their brand of (4) AA 1800mAh NiMH with the charger, came together for $25 plus tax, charged them and both pairs avg. about 1hr. of usage each.(my monies worth?) That's not rite but hey maybe I'll test them longer.

I also purchased RadioShack's $17. 3V DC Power Adaptor (273-1755) at 500mA and it works fine for me. I have used it four to five times at around 30mins. at a time and it's fine.

Hell no you didn't get something worth your money! Radioshack is so expensive and crappy man I can't stand that place :D I bought a charger w/ 4 2500mAH batteries for 20 bucks here >>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009SPPN...glance&n=172282

How good they work I'm not sure though, going to wait for my gp2x... :eek:

LIZARDKING posted on Dec 17 2005 at 01:33 PM said:

You smack the back of this website? How's that gonna help? ;P

Fishbong posted on Dec 17 2005 at 08:45 PM said:
I didn´t experience any problems. The batteries are easy to put in and to remove, The cover is easy to open and close and fits tight.
glad to hear it fits tight, id rather have a SLIGHT struggle opening it, rather than my gp32 which rattled like hell and was very loose :(

Back