Battery Cover Gap

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
I'm just writing to bring up an issue I've noticed most particularly on the small batch of 1GHz units I received from Evildragon late Septemeber.

I've seen it on ReBirth Platinum units as well.

Basically there is a gap almost 1mm below the R shoulder button near the hinge of the battery compartment.

A customer complained who received a 1GHz Pandora unit and they've sent the unit back to me so the LCD could be replaced as it was cracked during shipping. I threw the 1GHz PCB into a ReBirth Pandora that has a dead LED power light that was never used. But that damned gap is still there.

I notice it on my 1GHz Pandora as well.

a bulge and a gap in the battery case? My 1ghz unit has a 3 millimeter gap but it works fine.One of my battery cover clips has been molded crooked.Its just the nature of some pandoras really.I accept it cos its a small company but yeah i could see how people used to ps vitas and such would expect more. I figure I will just get another battery case if i need to later.

Can we see some pictures ? I can't figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The unit that link is referring to is mine and I've included a picture of the gap that he is mentioning in his post. It doesn't matter how the battery is positioned in the 1GHz unit or if rear panel is securely attached it always seems to have this noticeable gap on the right hand side.

SAM_2658.JPG

Might it be an issue of the silver cases? My Rebirth Edition with black case sits tight. Have you tried a silver case with black battery cover yet?

The unit that link is referring to is mine and I've included a picture of the gap that he is mentioning in his post. It doesn't matter how the battery is positioned in the 1GHz unit or if rear panel is securely attached it always seems to have this noticeable gap on the right hand side.
Yup mine is exactly the same. If you check you may notice that one of the tabs is crooked and does not click into place quite right as a consequence.this causes the gap On my unit anyways. I think a new cover might work fine if the tabs are good. I have to very carefully click my cover into place if i remove it. Still my unit works fine and i can get a replacement cover cheaply. As i said i believe some the covers are not perfectly symmetrical. Still im happy with my unit.

I just had a look at my original Pandora case from 2011 or whenever the heck it was and it is the same. Not quite to that degree, but it is still gapped a little in the same way. The other side sits perfectly flush.

My September 2012 silver unit also has such a gap (small, though - approx 0.75mm) if that helps...

Might it be an issue of the silver cases? My Rebirth Edition with black case sits tight. Have you tried a silver case with black battery cover yet?

Prior to sending my unit back to Link for repair I did try the original black cover off my Rebirth Pandora and advised him it fit without the gap. I agree with the assessment that Wrath of Khan provided, I've already ordered a replacement off of Evil Dragon's shop which hopefully resolve this problem.

Back