Gap between case and LCD

DaDaDaniel

Still Fresh
Hi there!

Finally, after 1230 day to be exact, I received my Pandora early this week. And it's awesome! Thanks to all who made it possible!

Unfortunately I just noticed a small gap (1mm) between the LCD and the case at the lower end of the LCD. I guess it's not that of a big deal, but I have a few questions.

Is this normal for the platinum models? Does this make the case more prone to breakage? Can dirt get into the system at that point and damage sensible parts? The LCD cable comes to mind. Is this more likely a bending in the case, or a small piece stuck behind it? I can't seem to see anything in there it at least.

I would really hate to send in my unit for repairs, as ED didn't make any profit of it in the first place and I don't want to abandon my Pandora such a short time after I received it.

Thanks,

Daniel

P.S.: I had an account here a long, long time ago, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Back than the name was Klaus.

gap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that gap is something we always had and which couldn't be fixed very easily.

Nothing to worry about, just not nice looking.

I try to keep my screen dust free so that gap doesn't start to accumulate particles.

You'd actually be amazed how much dust accumulates on the screen just from walking around with one in my pocket. Don't mean to go offtopic here, but anyone else notice this phenomenon?

To elaborate on your questions regarding there being anything to damage. The LCD cable is wound in the hinge and bypasses that area behind the LCD. The only other thing back there is the wifi antenna which slides through the LCD hinge wrap. The wifi antenna tip is above right speaker.

You'd actually be amazed how much dust accumulates on the screen just from walking around with one in my pocket. Don't mean to go offtopic here, but anyone else notice this phenomenon?
I've noticed that the screen builds up a pretty hefty static charge when it's in the front part of my netbook bag, attracts dust like a magnet. Also, you must have some pretty massive pockets to fit a Pandora in them...

Edit: Is there a grounding cage around the screen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back