Battery Life?

martymcfly

Is it normal for the batterys to say medium, and then i don't use it all day, plug it into the tv, play for 2 mins and the bats r dead? These are the new rechargables i got with the gp2x btw, fully charged.

The battery detector is pretty poor at telling the life left in the battery. I wouldn't be suprised if it said it was full until 10 seconds before they're empty.

cheers for the reply, not many people seem on at the minute. I have currently fixed my tv-out, but the screen apears slightly cropped on all sides. Is this normal? (thanks for the info on the battery display, i knew it would be something along those lines)

cheers, another question (because you seem cool lol)
How can i make the volume limit stay off? it seems to go back on itself alot of the time, its annoying!

Well I'm not sure if you actually are having a weird problem or not, but make sure you press B to save settings on the settings menu, when you switch off the volume limiter.
Pressing start cancels to the main menu.

And thanks for the comment about me seeming cool. ^^

Ah yeh B seems to have done the trick. Maybe i'm just used to louder haha. Do you recommend using headphones to get better sound?

Yes Definetly use headphones for better sound. PM me if you need more info.

I have tried several headphones and all seem to give hiss? Playing a video makes hiss go quieter. Playing payback makes it go louder?!

Edit: Maddness, if its on batteries this doesnt happen. Seems to be the AC adapter causing a hiss problem when its running of the mains, i wonder why? As long as i play with speakers its fine on the mains. And when its on bats, theres hardly any hiss at all, at least from what i have seen so far. Phew, thort i'd have to return the bloody thing. Anybody else experianced this?

Edit again:Nope, its the payback demo. When i exit it, even on bats, the hiss goes way up on headphones until i restart the gp2x. Please somebody calm me down, this is a brand new gp2x :-(

Back